MVS TSO/ISPF REXX Question
Author Message
 MVS TSO/ISPF REXX Question

     Can anyone tell me how to issue the ISPF "LIST" command from within a
     REXX procedure so to automate the processing of the list dataset?

     I have experimented using:

     /* Rexx */
     Cmd = 'LIST'
     Address ISPEXEC "Display Command(Cmd)"
     Exit

     - OR -

     /* Rexx */
     zLstFddv = 'KN'
     Cmd      = 'LIST'
     Address ISPEXEC "Display Command(Cmd)"
     Exit

     The above routine(s) accomplishes what I set out to do but I would
     like to change one or all of 3 variable values on panel ISPLLP02
     (SPECIFY DISPOSITION OF LIST DATA SET), temporarily.

     ZLSTFDDV   This variable contains the values of

                        D       delete
                        PD      print and delete
                        KN      keep allocate new

     ZLSTCLA    This variable contains the values for SYSOUT class

     ZLSTPID    This variable contains the value for print destination

     I wish to force the value to either PD or KN to variable ZLSTFDDV,
     however this variable does not seem to be located in any of the
     variable pools.  I have tried setting the value but when the "Display
     Command(Cmd)" issues the LIST command ZLSTFDDV is not set to the value
I wish.

     ISPF knows about this value somewhere I just can't seem to find it.

     Any help is greatly appreciated, IBM book reference/page number, code,
etc.

Thanks

Mon, 16 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 MVS TSO/ISPF REXX Question

Hello:

At my shop we're using ISPF 4.2.

I went to ISPF 3.9 to look at how the LIST command was defined
in the command table and from that I wrote the litlle exec below
that I called LISTER.

Does this do what you want, or did I miss the point?

You can also check the lSPF  User's Guide, Version 4 Release 2
for MVS, Chapter 5, under "List and Log Data Sets"

Hope this helps.

Mike Newell
Austin, TX

/* REXX  - LISTER.REX */

TRACE R

ARG lparm

/* The argument LPARM may be: PRINT, KEEP, or DELETE  */

ADDRESS ISPEXEC

"CONTROL ERRORS RETURN"

"SELECT PGM(ISPLLP) PARM(LIST" lparm") SUSPEND"

EXIT

>     Can anyone tell me how to issue the ISPF "LIST" command from within a
>     REXX procedure so to automate the processing of the list dataset?

>     I have experimented using:

>     /* Rexx */
>     Cmd = 'LIST'
>     Address ISPEXEC "Display Command(Cmd)"
>     Exit

>     - OR -

>     /* Rexx */
>     zLstFddv = 'KN'
>     Cmd      = 'LIST'
>     Address ISPEXEC "Display Command(Cmd)"
>     Exit

>     The above routine(s) accomplishes what I set out to do but I would
>     like to change one or all of 3 variable values on panel ISPLLP02
>     (SPECIFY DISPOSITION OF LIST DATA SET), temporarily.

>     ZLSTFDDV   This variable contains the values of

>                        D       delete
>                        PD      print and delete
>                        KN      keep allocate new

>     ZLSTCLA    This variable contains the values for SYSOUT class

>     ZLSTPID    This variable contains the value for print destination

>     I wish to force the value to either PD or KN to variable ZLSTFDDV,
>     however this variable does not seem to be located in any of the
>     variable pools.  I have tried setting the value but when the "Display
>     Command(Cmd)" issues the LIST command ZLSTFDDV is not set to the value
>I wish.

>     ISPF knows about this value somewhere I just can't seem to find it.

>     Any help is greatly appreciated, IBM book reference/page number, code,
>etc.

>Thanks

Fri, 20 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Attempting Simple AI under MVS Rexx./TSO/ISPF

2. Look for help calling ISPF from MVS/TSO-REXX

3. Rexx and MVS TSO ISPF

4. US - FL - S.E. ****MVS/CICS PROGRAMMERS (UNIX,MVS/TSO,ISPF,COBOL)****CONTRACT

5. Canada Vancouver - PL/1, IMS, DB2, MVS, TSO, ISPF, JCL - Experienced Programmers

6. Help requested re learning cobol on MVS, using ISPF, JCL, TSO, etc

7. US - FL - MIAMI ***MVS/TSO,ISPF,DB2,INSTALL (SOFTWARE LIBRARIAN)****CONTRACT

8. US - FL - MIAMI ****SOFTWARE LIBRARIAN (MVS/TSO,ISPF,COBOL,INSTALL)****CONTRACT

9. MVS/TSO/REXX question

10. TSO (MVS) REXX -> AIX (UNIX) REXX

11. REXX +TSO + ISPF + Endevor

12. Montréal - Informatique Conseil Plus - C-List REXX SAS TSO/ISPF