Queues
Author Message
 Queues

Hi,

I'm playing around with private queues for IPC.  Great fun!

If I leave queues open but pick them up and use them as and when, can
I expect problems...?  Since I'm using private queues (all processes know
about them) is it normal to use them in this way..?

For development so far, I've got a program listening in on a private queue
which is created/deleted/left open by its 'master' so far to no ill effect. So
I guess that I'm just checking that I'm not going to run into any hassles down
the line (this must be, in part, to my documentation making the point of always
deleting queues.. this has contributed to my paranoia..!).

Hope this makes sense..!

Cheers

Clive

              Clive Humble of Artists in Glass, England.

  "Where is the knowledge we have lost in information?
   Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge ?"      - T.S.Elliot

Tue, 27 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. CLASSes and QUEUEs (was: Re: QUEUE in QUEUE)

2. How to make a queue of queue's

3. Clarification of Queue Operation / Behavior when using multiple Queues

4. Queue in Queue?!

5. Queue of Queues problem.

6. QUEUE in QUEUE

7. QUEUE inside GROUP/QUEUE

8. Queue.Queue examples?

9. Howto wait for multiple queues (Queue.py)?

10. Does the "max queue size" input make a LV 6.1 Queue a constant size?

11. VW5i SocketAccessor listenFor: maximum (socket wait queue size)

12. Windows events queue