Rexx for Unix
Author Message
 Rexx for Unix

(Preface:  I am an old hand at listservs, but not skilled in
the use of newsgroups.  Please go easy on me if my ignorance
shows in this questions or in others.)

I am looking for information on Rexx implementations for Unix,
specifically HP-UX.  Both public-domain and for-sale products
are of interest.

I have located one product:  S/REXX by Benaroya, distributed
by Treehouse.

Information and comments on others would be appreciated.
Thank you.

Jim Gawn
Administrative Applications Manager
Millersville University
PO Box 1002
Millersville  PA  17551-0302
USA
+1-717-871-2038
+1-717-872-3919 (fax)

Mon, 30 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Rexx for Unix

Quote:

> (Preface:  I am an old hand at listservs, but not skilled in
> the use of newsgroups.  Please go easy on me if my ignorance
> shows in this questions or in others.)

> I am looking for information on Rexx implementations for Unix,
> specifically HP-UX.  Both public-domain and for-sale products
> are of interest.

> I have located one product:  S/REXX by Benaroya, distributed
> by Treehouse.

> Information and comments on others would be appreciated.
> Thank you.

I am using Regina on Linux. It works just great! You can get it from our
server at ftp://ftp.primaerdata.no/linux/regina007a_tar.z

Arne

Tue, 31 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Rexx for Unix

Quote:
>(Preface:  I am an old hand at listservs, but not skilled in
>the use of newsgroups.  Please go easy on me if my ignorance
>shows in this questions or in others.)

>I am looking for information on Rexx implementations for Unix,
>specifically HP-UX.  Both public-domain and for-sale products
>are of interest.
snip
>Jim Gawn

Check http://www.*-*-*.com/
platform port of IBM VM REXX.  HP-UX is supported.  They did have a
'Free Rexx for Academia' at one point in the past.  They also have ports
of IBM's XEDIT and SPF for IBMers who ROTFC(rying) when they run up
against VI.

---
Jim
{*filter*}Net Connections

Tue, 31 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Rexx for Unix

James,

Have a look at the home of REXX on the web (bookmark this):

http://www2.hursley.ibm.com/rexx

There are pointers here to several REXX interpreters for UNIX.  REXX/IMC
(only available as source for the time being), and Regina (available as
source or executables) are two that you probably want to look at (free
to use), and there are links to the commercial uni-REXX and S/REXX.

Hope this helps.

Barry

ps: You're doing fine :-)

Quote:

> (Preface:  I am an old hand at listservs, but not skilled in
> the use of newsgroups.  Please go easy on me if my ignorance
> shows in this questions or in others.)

> I am looking for information on Rexx implementations for Unix,
> specifically HP-UX.  Both public-domain and for-sale products
> are of interest.

> I have located one product:  S/REXX by Benaroya, distributed
> by Treehouse.

> Information and comments on others would be appreciated.
> Thank you.

> Jim Gawn
> Administrative Applications Manager
> Millersville University
> PO Box 1002
> Millersville  PA  17551-0302
> USA
> +1-717-871-2038
> +1-717-872-3919 (fax)

Tue, 31 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Rexx for Unix

Quote:

> (Preface:  I am an old hand at listservs, but not skilled in
> the use of newsgroups.  Please go easy on me if my ignorance
> shows in this questions or in others.)

> I am looking for information on Rexx implementations for Unix,
> specifically HP-UX.  Both public-domain and for-sale products
> are of interest.

> I have located one product:  S/REXX by Benaroya, distributed
> by Treehouse.

> Information and comments on others would be appreciated.
> Thank you.

> Jim Gawn
> Administrative Applications Manager
> Millersville University
> PO Box 1002
> Millersville  PA  17551-0302
> USA
> +1-717-871-2038
> +1-717-872-3919 (fax)

You can also pick up REXX/imc at

http://www.comlab.ox.ac.uk/oucl/users/ian.collier/Rexx/tarfiles.html

It's the version that I'm running under Linux. There are hooks in it so
that other programs can use it as a scripting language as well.

                                        -- Aron

Wed, 01 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Rexx for Unix

Wow!  Just when I got fed up enough with unix scripts written in
Klingon to go searching for a Rexx I find that y'all have already done
the leg work.

Is this a great planet or what??

Thu, 02 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Rexx for Unix

Quote:

> Wow!  Just when I got fed up enough with unix scripts written in
> Klingon to go searching for a Rexx I find that y'all have already done
> the leg work.

> Is this a great planet or what??

Well, as planets go, it's not too bad. 8-)

        -- Aron (who has been hacking away at Linux's
                 definitions for Norwegian keyboards in REXX)

Sat, 04 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Rexx for Unix

:> I have located one product:  S/REXX by Benaroya, distributed
:You can also pick up REXX/imc at

Anyone know of a comparison between the various Unix REXXen mentioned
in this thread, showing the pros and cons?

Wed, 08 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. REXX/imc: Another free REXX for Unix (Suns only)

2. Converting classic Rexx to Unix script or code

3. REXX for Unix? (OSF/1)

4. rexx to unix shell conversion

5. REXX for UNIX

6. REXX for Unix