Help - Trying to write exec on MVS to use TCP/IP sockets
Author Message
 Help - Trying to write exec on MVS to use TCP/IP sockets

I have begun to use the REXX programming language and I have been given
an interesting task.  I am trying to put together an exec to send an ASCII
text stream to a distributed application from MVS.  The application is
running
on Windows NT and has a standing NT service running to receive ASCII data
streams through a single TCP/IP port.  I have been unable to write the exec
due to my inexperience in interacting with the TCP/IP stack on OS/390.  Is
there a book, working sample code, or other documentation that would
illustrate this kind of programming that any of you would know of???

Sun, 10 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Help - Trying to write exec on MVS to use TCP/IP sockets
ibm ships working sample client/server rexx code in tcpip.sezainst members
rsclient and rsserver...
Quote:

> I have begun <snip>

Sun, 10 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. TCP/IP Under MVS: Assembler Interface

2. US - SE FL-***SMALLTALK/C++PROGRAMMER (DB2,MVS/TSO,AIX,TCP/IP)***-CONTRACT

3. CLIENT (Windows 3.1 or 95 or NT) to MVS-CICS via TCP/IP or other gateway

4. US - FL - S.E. ****SMALLTALK/C++ (COBOL,DB2,MVS/TSO,TCP/IP)***CONTRACT

5. US - FL - S.E. ****SMALLTALK/C++ PROGRAMMERS NEEDED NOW (MVS/TSO,COBOL,TCP/IP)****CONTRACT

6. Socket on Win32 for TCP/IP work?

7. JPEG download via TCP/IP (Socket Control)

8. ParcPlace VW: TCP/IP Sockets -- where/how?

9. CA-Clipper and TCP/IP Sockets.

10. TCP/IP (Socket) Comunication

11. TCP/IP socket interface

12. TCP/IP Instrument & Socket Classes in VISA