heeeelp, how do I
Author Message
 heeeelp, how do I

I'm new to OS/2, Netware and to REXX and have a problem that is really
stumping me. Can any kind soul out there set me on the right path.

I'm attempting to login to a Netware server via a REXX program, using the
Netware LOGIN command. To do this I use -

NetCommand = "LOGIN SERVER_NAME/USER_NAME /NS | RXQUEUE"
NetCommand

.... and then attempt to interrogate the reply from the command to see
what to do next, eg send a password etc ....

Do xx = 1 to Queued()
  Pull ReplyLine
  etc...

However, the LOGIN command doesn't return to the REXX program until it has
completely finished ie. until it has the received the password, etc.
Consequently my REXX program hangs until the user responds to the LOGIN
command and the reply interrogation statements arn't run until after the
event.

So, what is the correct approach? Is tere another way of trapping command
output, mid command?

The idea is to make the whole process completely automatic ie. I don't
want the users to type passwords etc.

--

  GPO Box 607
  Sandy Bay

Sun, 17 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 heeeelp, how do I

Quote:

>The idea is to make the whole process completely automatic ie. I don't
>want the users to type passwords etc.

So set you users up as NOT requiring passwords. If you're going to
supply the password in an openly readable text file (a REXX script)
there's no point in having the password in the first place.

One other possibility:
way back durring the beta cycle for netware 4.02 (i believe) there
was a version of LOGIN.EXE for OS/2 that allowed a password to be
"piped" on the LOGIN commandline (eg. LOGIN SERVER/LOGINID/PASSWORD)
I've no idea where this LOGIN.EXE can be found now or even if it will
work with current versions of NetWare, but you might ask around among
any friends you have who might have taken part in the beta tests for
4.x to see if someone knows about/has a copy this LOGIN.EXE still
lieing around.

Sun, 17 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 heeeelp, how do I

Quote:
>I'm attempting to login to a Netware server via a REXX program, using the
>Netware LOGIN command. To do this I use -

>So, what is the correct approach? Is tere another way of trapping command
>output, mid command?

>The idea is to make the whole process completely automatic ie. I don't
>want the users to type passwords etc.

Tim,

I already saw one response that said to drop the requirement for the password
altogther.  I have just recently done some work for a customer in a Novell 4.x
environment, and hit the same wall.  I even tried to pipe or redirect the
password to the command, and nothing would work.  So, removing passwords
is about the only way to get the job done.

HOWEVER, there are two REXX callable DLL's that may help.  Goto:
        www.leo.org/pub/comp/os/os2/rexx/
and look for the files:
        msnwrx12.zip
        nwos2utl.zip

I can't remember which, but one of these will allow you to do exactly what
you are trying to do (and then some).  I seem to remember that one is freeware
and the other is shareware.  I'd suggest that you give them a look.

Hope this helps.

Barry

Mon, 18 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 heeeelp, how do I

     Am  31.07.96

  ueber  heeeelp, how do I

TB> I'm attempting to login to a Netware server via a REXX program, using the
TB> Netware LOGIN command. To do this I use -

    There are two REXX libraries to call some basic Netware functions from
a REXX program. I think they are available on one of the Hobbes servers.

Lnko Willms
. -------------------------------------

## CrossPoint v3.11 R ##

Wed, 20 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Heeeelp :-)

2. Heeeelp :-)

3. heeeelp!!

4. Doing assembly and really doing assembly

5. Doing assembly and really doing assembly

6. Heeeelp before I shoot myself

7. bsr r1,r2 Heeeelp

8. HEEEELP ! Looking for a memory dumper

9. Heeeelp! Cobol, windows 95 and Novell

10. heeeelp!

11. heeeelp - socket problem

12. Tk on solaris 2.4 (Heeeelp !)