REXX-script for os2-talk-daemon
Author Message
 REXX-script for os2-talk-daemon

Do anyone knows if there exist a script for the os2-talk-daemon,
which function is to pop up a 'flag' when someone tries to connect you via
talk, so you just have to accept the call with a mouseclick and
automatically open up a talk-session for you.
It's frustrating to just here beep and don't know where it comes from.
If you have the daemon as a foreground session you can look who's calling
you at the daemon it self, but if it is detached I have now Idea how to
see who's calling. Does this kind of script exists?
Any idee? Thanks in advance.

mvh Roger

Sat, 28 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 REXX-script for os2-talk-daemon

Quote:

> Do anyone knows if there exist a script for the os2-talk-daemon,
> which function is to pop up a 'flag' when someone tries to connect you via
> talk, so you just have to accept the call with a mouseclick and
> automatically open up a talk-session for you.
> It's frustrating to just here beep and don't know where it comes from.
> If you have the daemon as a foreground session you can look who's calling
> you at the daemon it self, but if it is detached I have now Idea how to
> see who's calling. Does this kind of script exists?
> Any idee? Thanks in advance.

> mvh Roger

How about just monitoring active sockets ala netstat -s and watch for
incoming connections??
dp

Sun, 29 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. REXX as script lang from my appl. (os2)

2. REXX OS2 Notify Script QUestion...

3. os2 rexx script as a cgi-bin

4. Creating Daemon in Digitalk/OS2

5. NT REXX assistance for OS2/VM REXX man

6. daemon ruby script

7. starting a python script daemon at Linux boot time

8. tcl script does on expect statement only when run as daemon on HP-UX

9. tcl script becomes daemon

10. installing .py-script as daemon process

11. Communication between C daemon and Tcl/Tk script

12. Running a script as a daemon at boot time