REXX/DB2 = COBOL/DB2 ???
Author Message
 REXX/DB2 = COBOL/DB2 ???

I have got a problem. I would kindly appreciate if someone
could help me. I want to know how I can insert SQL
instructions within REXX statements, to make my REXX
procedure to resemble COBOL/DB2 programs.

Awaiting for your kind reply. Thanks in advance.

Sun, 11 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 REXX/DB2 = COBOL/DB2 ???
Your question is not clear, so I'll make two guesses as to what you want.

1. For DB2 UDB: Comprehensive information is provided in the DB2 UDB SDK
documentation.

2. For DB2 for OS/390: you need to purchase a 3rd party solution.

Quote:
> I have got a problem. I would kindly appreciate if someone
> could help me. I want to know how I can insert SQL
> instructions within REXX statements, to make my REXX
> procedure to resemble COBOL/DB2 programs.

> Awaiting for your kind reply. Thanks in advance.

Thu, 15 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 REXX/DB2 = COBOL/DB2 ???
We have OS/390 and can use batchpipes to access DB2 directly from REXX:

/* REXX - Uses pipe to squirt SQL results into a stem */

SQL = 'SELECT FIRSTNME, LASTNAME FROM DSN8410.EMP'
"PIPE SQL SUBSYSID DB2D "SQL" | STEM RESULTS."

SAY 'THERE ARE' RESULTS.0 'LINES OF OUTPUT'
DO I = 1 TO RESULTS.0
   SAY 'RESULTS.'I'=' RESULTS.I
END

Quote:
> Your question is not clear, so I'll make two guesses as to what you
want.

> 1. For DB2 UDB: Comprehensive information is provided in the DB2 UDB
SDK
> documentation.

> 2. For DB2 for OS/390: you need to purchase a 3rd party solution.

> > I have got a problem. I would kindly appreciate if someone
> > could help me. I want to know how I can insert SQL
> > instructions within REXX statements, to make my REXX
> > procedure to resemble COBOL/DB2 programs.

> > Awaiting for your kind reply. Thanks in advance.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Sat, 17 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. COBOL-DB2 Program, how to get Current timestampe from DB2

2. How to call a Cobol/DB2 program from REXX

3. Nationwide Openings for DB2/CICS Developers and DB2 DBA's

4. Nationwide Openings for DB2/CICS Developers and DB2 DBA's

5. Python-DB2 module and DB2 Connect

6. REXX for CICS/ESA and DB2 REXX interface

7. US-MA Boston Area Contract Position: Cobol-Cobol II-DB2-MVS/JCL

8. COBOL / CICS or COBOL / DB2 Programmers - Baltimore MD

9. MVS Cobol/Cobol II CICS VSAM DB2 IDEAL Datacom Consultant available

10. Seeking experienced COBOL PROGRAMMER with CICS, JCL, DB2, VSAM, IDMS, IMS, COBOL - Cleveland, OH

11. US CA SF Prog/Anal MVS COBOL COBOL II DB2 CICS JCL SQL

12. *****US-CHICAGO Microfocus COBOL, XBDB, DB2, COBOL II (RECRUITER)