Hiding and Showing Static Text
Author Message
 Hiding and Showing Static Text

I am using object Rexx with the resource workshop. I have a ListBox which I
hide under certain conditions. I then use its area to display another
ListBox and some buttons. That process works just fine. My problem is that I
would like to display some static text as a title for my new ListBox which
could be make visible and then invisible as appropriate. Is there some way I
could do that?

Wed, 22 Dec 2004 06:59:54 GMT
 Hiding and Showing Static Text

Quote:
> I am using object Rexx with the resource workshop. I have a ListBox which I
> hide under certain conditions. I then use its area to display another
> ListBox and some buttons. That process works just fine. My problem is that I
> would like to display some static text as a title for my new ListBox which
> could be make visible and then invisible as appropriate. Is there some way I
> could do that?

I've done that by changing the text to a space when nothing needs to
be displayed and put the messagetext back when needed.

It expect it to work also with:

x = self~GetStaticControl(<rc_id>)
x~hide

and x~show to display it again (not tested).

Wed, 22 Dec 2004 07:26:16 GMT
 Hiding and Showing Static Text
Rexxperts,
My REXXAPI crashes when I use SYSDUMPVARIABLES.
I think it abends because there is a limit to
the size of the variables it handles, that is
some amount less than the ObjREXX variable limit.
Any one know what's going on, or the var limit?

Marc Irvin 203 327-4361

Fri, 24 Dec 2004 06:30:25 GMT

1. Hiding checkbox control with static text

2. How to resize a text widget to show all text

3. Question: How to hide text in text-widgets

4. Hiding tagged text in text widgets?

5. Hide and show subviews

6. Application refuses to show a TarkbarIcon while hiding the ApplicationShell

7. VW 2.5 menuBar hide, show

8. hiding/showing the Dock in OSX

9. Hide / Show tabs in a TabPanel

10. VAST 3.0: PM Notebook page dynamic show / hide

11. Show/Hide taskbar?

12. Conditionally Hiding/Showing Browse Colum