PFkeys: TSO/ISPF 
Author Message
 PFkeys: TSO/ISPF

How do you detect a PFkey after a "PULL" request in TSO/ISPF?

Pete



Sat, 20 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 PFkeys: TSO/ISPF

Quote:

> How do you detect a PFkey after a "PULL" request in TSO/ISPF?

> Pete

When you do a PULL, does this indicate that it is really doing a PARSE
UPPER EXTERNAL, or do you actually have a stack of queued data to
process? I'm guessing it must be PARSE UPPER EXTERNAL, and the answer is
that you can't. TSO doesn't differentiate PF keys from the Enter key
under these circumstances, it's just like TSO at the READY prompt.

You'll either have to find something which handles the 3270 data stream
for you, or write one (in something other than Rexx!). If your needs are
minimal, you may be able to use ISPF for this, for example instead of
just doing "PULL", use ISPF to display a panel from which you can
determine whether PF3 or Enter was pressed to end it (it's a little more
complicated than that as of course PF3 might be redefined as something
else, so you need to look for the END command instead, and you might
have to deal with RETURN too, but I'm sure you get the general idea).

Graham.



Sat, 20 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 PFkeys: TSO/ISPF


Quote:
>How do you detect a PFkey after a "PULL" request in TSO/ISPF?

>Pete

PF keys and PULL have nothing to do with each other.  What exactly are
you trying to do?

Doug Nadel
----------------------------------------
ISPF & OS/390 Tools & Toys page:
http://www.mindspring.com/~somebody/



Sat, 20 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 PFkeys: TSO/ISPF

:>How do you detect a PFkey after a "PULL" request in TSO/ISPF?

I doubt that you can.

Even if the PULL is going against the terminal rather than a stack, it is
probably implemented as a GETLINE which would do a TGET EDIT.

If you need to guarantee that the "PULL" will go against the terminal and you
want to get the PFkey, either use the ISPF service DISPLAY with a panel that
will return the PFkey or use TGET FULLSCR yourself.

--


http://www.dissensoftware.com

Director, Dissen Software, Bar & Grill - Israel



Sun, 21 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 PFkeys: TSO/ISPF
I don't know how to do that with a "PULL".
I use an ISPF panel...

In the ISPF panel...
)PROC                
if (.pfkey = PF01)  
   &keyhit = PF02  
if (.pfkey = PF02)  
   &keyhit = PF02    
if (.pfkey = PF03)  
   &keyhit = PF03    
...
)END

In the REXX program:
keyhit  = ''                                                  
   "ISPEXEC" "DISPLAY PANEL(RACFcics) CURSOR("CURSOR_FIELD")"
RC = 0                                                        
themsg = ''                                                  
ssn = s1||s2||s3                                              
if keyhit = 'PF03' then do                                    
   action = 'Exit'                                            
   call terminate                                            
   return                                                          

Quote:

> How do you detect a PFkey after a "PULL" request in TSO/ISPF?

> Pete



Sun, 21 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 PFkeys: TSO/ISPF

Quote:

> I don't know how to do that with a "PULL".
> I use an ISPF panel...

> In the ISPF panel...
> )PROC
> if (.pfkey = PF01)
>    &keyhit = PF02
> if (.pfkey = PF02)
>    &keyhit = PF02
> if (.pfkey = PF03)
>    &keyhit = PF03
> ...
> )END

> In the REXX program:
> keyhit  = ''
>    "ISPEXEC" "DISPLAY PANEL(RACFcics) CURSOR("CURSOR_FIELD")"
> RC = 0
> themsg = ''
> ssn = s1||s2||s3
> if keyhit = 'PF03' then do
>    action = 'Exit'
>    call terminate
>    return


> > How do you detect a PFkey after a "PULL" request in TSO/ISPF?

> > Pete

Hi Dave!

They don't let me code simple panels here.  They require us to code them
in DTL, and I haven't taken the time to learn DTL yet.  Now maybe I have
to....

Pete



Sun, 21 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 PFkeys: TSO/ISPF

   [ snipped ]

:>They don't let me code simple panels here.  They require us to code them
:>in DTL, and I haven't taken the time to learn DTL yet.  Now maybe I have
:>to....

Now that is a real idiotic standard.

You cannot code/implement a simple panel??

--


http://www.dissensoftware.com

Director, Dissen Software, Bar & Grill - Israel



Mon, 22 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 PFkeys: TSO/ISPF

Quote:


>    [ snipped ]

> :>They don't let me code simple panels here.  They require us to code them
> :>in DTL, and I haven't taken the time to learn DTL yet.  Now maybe I have
> :>to....

> Now that is a real idiotic standard.

> You cannot code/implement a simple panel??

> --


> http://www.dissensoftware.com

> Director, Dissen Software, Bar & Grill - Israel

I have started studying the use of DTL today, and it appears that from a
single source member, the compile generates your pop-up help screens,
message file members, command tables, and other associated members for
you.  It also assures that your results meet all the style standards for
TSO.  You code the stuff in an HTML-like language, and the compiler
stores all the generated members into the appropriate locations.

Here are the reasons I get from my tech group:
* Consistent look and feel for all panels
* You can re-use common components the same way you would use copybooks.
* If you code a function change to a panel, the DTL compile will make
sure all the appropriate changes are made to the associated members.

Pete



Mon, 22 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 PFkeys: TSO/ISPF
To be able to detect PFkeys in a panel you must issue the CONTROL NOCMD service
to ISPEXEC before displaying the panel, otherwise ISPF grabs the key (you
realize that if you do this then SWAP, etc won't work in the panel...)
Quote:



> >    [ snipped ]

> > :>They don't let me code simple panels here.  They require us to code them
> > :>in DTL, and I haven't taken the time to learn DTL yet.  Now maybe I have
> > :>to....

> > Now that is a real idiotic standard.

> > You cannot code/implement a simple panel??

> > --


> > http://www.dissensoftware.com

> > Director, Dissen Software, Bar & Grill - Israel

> I have started studying the use of DTL today, and it appears that from a
> single source member, the compile generates your pop-up help screens,
> message file members, command tables, and other associated members for
> you.  It also assures that your results meet all the style standards for
> TSO.  You code the stuff in an HTML-like language, and the compiler
> stores all the generated members into the appropriate locations.

> Here are the reasons I get from my tech group:
> * Consistent look and feel for all panels
> * You can re-use common components the same way you would use copybooks.
> * If you code a function change to a panel, the DTL compile will make
> sure all the appropriate changes are made to the associated members.

> Pete



Wed, 24 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 9 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Pfkeys with APL II under TSO

2. TSO/ISPF On PC?

3. Canada Vancouver - PL/1, IMS, DB2, MVS, TSO, ISPF, JCL - Experienced Programmers

4. question about TSO/ISPF commands

5. TSO/ISPF simulator on a DOS PC

6. TSO/ISPF simulator on a DOS PC

7. TSO/ISPF simulator on a DOS PC

8. REXX +TSO + ISPF + Endevor

9. Montréal - Informatique Conseil Plus - C-List REXX SAS TSO/ISPF

10. Rexx dynamic SQL to DB2 (TSO/ISPF source code)

11. MVS TSO/ISPF REXX Question

12. TSO/REXX and ISPF

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software