TSO/REXX and ISPF
Author Message
 TSO/REXX and ISPF

Hello!

        I'm new in TSO environment and I have to make some programs
in REXX.

1 - I have to use with TSO Command

2 - I have to use with ISPF

  I need some exemples or documentation information.  I already used
REXX in CMS, MUSIC and OS/2 environment.

Thanks...

S. Guimont
RDI

Sun, 27 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 TSO/REXX and ISPF

Quote:

> Hello!

>         I'm new in TSO environment and I have to make some programs
> in REXX.

> 1 - I have to use with TSO Command

> 2 - I have to use with ISPF

>   I need some exemples or documentation information.  I already used
> REXX in CMS, MUSIC and OS/2 environment.

> Thanks...

I need to know a little more detail.  Rexx and ISPF are two different
processes.  Rexx is a command language capable of executing ISPF
services such as DISPLAY for a panel and receiving variable back from
the display.

As a straight TSO command all you need is the REXX in a SYSPROC
concatenation.

When you say ISPF, do you mean you want to identify the environment.
Here's a sample that may prove worthwhile...

  X=ADDRESS()
  SUBCOM ISREDIT
  if RC<>0 then do
         UMODE='NATIVE'
         say REX  'MUST BE RUN UNDER ISPF.'
         signal EOJ

Check out the SUBCOM command under TSO/E in BookManager

Good luck.

In responding by email, remove nospam.

Sun, 27 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 TSO/REXX and ISPF

Quote:
>  I need some exemples or documentation information.  I already used

/* rexx */
cvt = storage(10,4)
cvtsname = d2x(c2d(cvt) + c2d('154'x))
sysid=storage(cvtsname,8)
if length(get)=0 then say "This system is "sysid
else do
  nn=c2d(substr(sysid,4,1))
  return nn
  end

This displays the sysid under mvs

John Wood                                                Birmingham
Lortim Consultants                                       UK
Remove "nospam" from replyto address

Sun, 27 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 TSO/REXX and ISPF

Your best bet is buy the book called
REXX in TSO in ENVIRONMENT by Gargiulo

If you have specific ?, poat and I will help
too many things to say in generic
for ex IO is different

Chris Le

Mon, 28 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 TSO/REXX and ISPF

Quote:
>Hello!

>    I'm new in TSO environment and I have to make some programs
>in REXX.

>1 - I have to use with TSO Command

Unless your shop has created a sign-on proc to ISPF that will allow you to
concatinate your own libraries upon sign on, you'll have to do the following:

TSO ALTLIB ACT APP(EXEC) DA('datasetname')

It's been awhile since I've had to do that since my shop allows us to
concatinate our own libs upon sign on.

Tue, 07 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. REXX +TSO + ISPF + Endevor

2. Montréal - Informatique Conseil Plus - C-List REXX SAS TSO/ISPF

3. Rexx dynamic SQL to DB2 (TSO/ISPF source code)

4. MVS TSO/ISPF REXX Question

5. Attempting Simple AI under MVS Rexx./TSO/ISPF

6. Look for help calling ISPF from MVS/TSO-REXX

7. Rexx and MVS TSO ISPF

8. TSO ISPF, CLISTs and/or REXX exec

9. TSO/ISPF On PC?

10. Canada Vancouver - PL/1, IMS, DB2, MVS, TSO, ISPF, JCL - Experienced Programmers

11. question about TSO/ISPF commands

12. TSO/ISPF simulator on a DOS PC