Best programing book for learning Rexx on VM/CMS Mainframe
Author Message
 Best programing book for learning Rexx on VM/CMS Mainframe

Can anyone tell me what the best programing book for learning
Rexx on a VM/CMS MainFrame.  I consider myself a beginner programer
who mostly has dabbled in Cobol.  I need to learn Rexx so that I can
create my own macros at work.

Sun, 25 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Best programing book for learning Rexx on VM/CMS Mainframe

Quote:

>Can anyone tell me what the best programing book for learning
>Rexx on a VM/CMS MainFrame.  I consider myself a beginner programer
>who mostly has dabbled in Cobol.  I need to learn Rexx so that I can
>create my own macros at work.

Good news/bad news

Recall that Modern Programming Using REXX, the first non-IBM REXX
 book, teaches programming concepts with REXX as the example
 language.  It is for serious beginners, and those looking for a
 overview of programming concepts.

The bad news is that Modern Programming Using REXX is out of print
 at Prentice Hall.

The good news is that it is in print at Rexxpress:

Modern Programming Using REXX, O'Hara, Robert and David Gomberg,
 Rexxpress, 1985 (revised edition).

More good news is that the price has been lowered to $20
 (including sales tax and shipping).  You can order from
 Rexxpress, 7 Gateview Court, San Francisco CA 94116-1941.

Conflict of interest warning:  I am Rexxpress.

Sun, 25 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Best programing book for learning Rexx on VM/CMS Mainframe

03:25am GMT

Rexxtry is a great online learning tool.

Saluti, Albert

Sun, 25 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Best programing book for learning Rexx on VM/CMS Mainframe

: Can anyone tell me what the best programing book for learning
: Rexx on a VM/CMS MainFrame.  I consider myself a beginner programer
: who mostly has dabbled in Cobol.  I need to learn Rexx so that I can
: create my own macros at work.

Try the Rexx/VM User's Guide (if you're running VM/ESA) or the System
Product Interpreter User's Guide (if you're runing VM/SP).  One or the
other should be in your VM system library.

--
+---------------------------+------------------------------------------+

|       Michael Tanzer      |                                          |
+---------------------------+------------------------------------------+

Mon, 26 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. PRO-REXX vs REXX/370 (VM/CMS)

2. PRO-REXX vs REXX/370 (VM/CMS)

3. Ada for IBM mainframes under VM/CMS

4. REXX and VM/CMS

5. automated IND$FILE transfer OS/2 Rexx VM/CMS

6. Converting Rexx from IBM VM/CMS to Unix

7. VM/CMS REXX - EXECIO Weirdness Question

8. Submit JCL from REXX EXEC on VM/CMS

9. Submit a JCL; from REXX on VM/CMS

10. REXX source code wanted (VM/CMS)

11. REXX, VM/CMS