quote text fields hel
Author Message
 quote text fields hel

on 02-18-97  22:01 about Re: quote text fields hel...

 >         newdata=newdata||','||'"'part.i'"'

 Ar> He could use CENTER for this.

 Ar> /*After parsing out the fields do this*/

 Ar> fieldlenght = length(field)
 Ar> newfield = center(field,fieldlenght + 2,'"')

 Ar> /* end */

 Ar> With Rexx there a LOTS of ways to manipulate text!

There are probably a dozen ways to do the same thing in REXX.  center() is
not something I would have thought of (partly because I have never used it
before <g>).

Mike Ruskai [Team OS/2]

... Grow your own dope: Plant a politician!

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.20
--
 |Fidonet:  Mike Ruskai 1:107/634

 |  Standard disclaimer: The views of this user are strictly his/her own.

Sun, 08 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. quote text fields help

2. C4/Stretching text in a text field.

3. RTF-text format in text fields ?

4. Centering Text Vertically Within Same Text Field

5. VW: reading streams with quoted fields

6. parsing lines with quoted strings as single fields

7. handling quoted fields with gawk

8. awk: putting quotes around a field value

9. Quoted field separators

10. Quoted fields in awk, a general method

11. sqlite select max() on integer field returns quoted value

12. Writing quoted text