V format ftp to non-IBM system
Author Message
 V format ftp to non-IBM system

I have a need to transfer MVS variable format files to and from a UNIX
system.  I would like to find a way of doing this which preserves the
BDW/RDW information when sending to the UNIX site and uses same when
receiving from the UNIX site.  I realize that the IBM FTP program has a
'Mode Block' command for use between IBM systems, but there is no
equivalent on the stand UNIX ftp or ftpd.

I imagine that the solution is to create another ftp/ftpd set on UNIX
which uses a different port number for use with mainframes that supports
'mode block'.  Has anyone already done this?  I do have rexx available
if there is rexx code that implements this.

If there a better solution?
Joseph M. DeAngelo                  Voice: (847) 781-6940 x6938
The Workstation Group, Ltd.         Fax:   (847) 781-6978

Schaumburg, IL 60195-3172           WWW:   http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 26 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. V format ftp to non-IBM system

2. BIOS Emulator for 8088 non IBM Compatable system

3. 68K vs CFM68K vs Tk 8.0.3 vs AppearanceLib vs System 7

4. IBM system 370 system call "DMXINV"

5. GAS vs M$ vs Borland; formats questions

6. FTP of IBM load modules

7. FTP of IBM Load Modules

8. APL2 on non-IBM Unix Machines

9. APL2 running under Unix on non-IBM machines ?

10. APL2 running under Unix on non-IBM machines ?

11. Non-military ftp sites

12. IBM Object Rex ftp