OS/2 Call in VX-Rexx
Author Message
 OS/2 Call in VX-Rexx

I have a VX-REXX event which calls a cmd file, taskmgr.cmd, that asks a
few questions of the user then does some processing based on the answers.
My problem is this...
when I call the cmd file thusly
   call taskmgr or
   'call ' 'e:\pws\bin\taskmgr.cmd'
things work as expected. However, when I do
this:
    TaskManager = "e:\pws\bin\taskmgr.cmd"
    'call ' TaskManager
nothing happens... No questions, no processing, nothing...
What am I doing wrong???

Sun, 13 Jul 1997 22:37:13 GMT
 OS/2 Call in VX-Rexx

Quote:
>However, when I do this:
>    TaskManager = "e:\pws\bin\taskmgr.cmd"
>    'call ' TaskManager
>nothing happens... No questions, no processing, nothing...
>What am I doing wrong???

Try address cmd TaskManager

not sure if this'll work.

Mon, 14 Jul 1997 09:29:25 GMT

1. OS/2 API calls in VX-REXX

2. OS/2 API calls from VX-REXX?

3. VX-REXX/REXX dialog trouble in OS/2 w/ FP17

4. VX-REXX and Object REXX under OS/2

5. Object REXX & VX-REXX under OS/2

6. Creation of GIF/BMP with REXX and VX-REXX in OS/2

7. Can OS/2 REXX call OS/2 REXX-???

8. external rexx function calls (OS/2 REXX)

9. Help: VX-REXX-- creating icons on the desktop in OS/2

10. Controlling OS/2 text mode app with VX-REXX

11. Controlling OS/2 text mode app with VX-REXX

12. vx-rexx,ftp,os/2 editor