REXX for MS Windows 3.1 or MS WfWG 3.11
Author Message
 REXX for MS Windows 3.1 or MS WfWG 3.11

Hi!

I am looking for REXX for Win/WfW (with possible student discounts).

I have read an article mentioning providers of REXX for MS Windows 3.1
and Windows for Workgroups (not Win95 - I know there ts a free
one available) called "Enterprise REXX" or likewise...

Any Information about REXX for Win or WfW is very appreciated.

please email me or post.

Thanks in advance
Rudolf Meyer
Ascom Hasler Ltd, Switzerland

Sat, 24 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 REXX for MS Windows 3.1 or MS WfWG 3.11

says...

Quote:

>Hi!

>I am looking for REXX for Win/WfW
>Any Information about REXX for Win or WfW is very appreciated.

Re-Hi,
there is Personal REXX of Quercus, P.O.Box 2157, Saratoga, CA 95070.
I started with REXX on a MVS mainframe under TSO (MVS "version" of
CICS or stuff on VM) so I know the IBM original very good.
I'm working with Quercus REXX and I'm satisfied.
Works both under DOS and Windows 3.1 and 3.11.

There is a FREE REXX interpreter called BREXX which I still have not
tried due to lack of time.
If you can get you a copy let me know, if you're interested in it
I could email it (117k).
I forgot the URL where it's from, but Archie sure will tell you.

I wrote this as an article believing many folks are interested in
using REXX on PCs.
If anyone got any question about it, gimme an email.

Have a nice day everybody,
    joerg.

Tue, 27 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 REXX for MS Windows 3.1 or MS WfWG 3.11

Quote:

>Hi!

>I am looking for REXX for Win/WfW (with possible student discounts).

>I have read an article mentioning providers of REXX for MS Windows 3.1
>and Windows for Workgroups (not Win95 - I know there ts a free
>one available) called "Enterprise REXX" or likewise...

>Any Information about REXX for Win or WfW is very appreciated.

>please email me or post.

>Thanks in advance
>Rudolf Meyer
>Ascom Hasler Ltd, Switzerland

Enterprise REXX for Windows is available for $99 until Aug 15 (list
price is $129 normally). It features a full Cowlishaw 2nd Ed. interpreter,
a simple Windows IDE including an editor and output window. It includes
a lot of support to display dialog boxes, play .WAV files, send/receive
Email using MAPI, Cut/Copy/Paste access to he clipboard and much more.

Try it out by ordering today and if you are not happy, return it to us
for a refund, no questions asked. There is no other way to check out
that you get the REXX support you're looking for under Windows.

Order by calling 1(800) 741-4322 or outside the USA (303) 442-7700.
Or FAX in your order at (303) 442-3198. Please include credit card number,
expiration date, and shipping name and address. In case we have
questions please include your telephone number and/or Email ID.

You can wait for OLE or you can automate now with REXX !

Mark

*-------------------------------+--------------------------------------*
! Markus Pelt-Layman            !      Tollfree voice: 1(800) 741-4322 !
!                               !  or outside the USA: 1(303) 442-7700 !
!    PELT INDUSTRIES            !                 FAX: 1(303) 442-3198 !
!       Software Experts        !       Rexx-R-Us BBS: 1(303) 440-1351 !
!                               !         8027 N. 41st Street          !

*-------------------------------+--------------------------------------*

Sat, 31 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 REXX for MS Windows 3.1 or MS WfWG 3.11
I have tried BRexx.  Works only in Dos (4Dos) but it works VERY WELL.
I would say that I adopted it about 1.5 minutes after starting to
read the small concise manual.

To find it: Ask Yahoo (WWW server) look in Computers - Languages - Rexx
and there will be a FAQ file ... Read it, it contains the URL for the
file which I beleive is at Waterloo university in Ontario.

Have fun

Michael J. Longval

Sun, 01 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Tcl/Tk for MS Windows 3.11

2. Problems with tiled Windows under MS-Windows 3.1

3. RexxGMSQ just released---IBM Object Rexx---MS SQL Server APIs for MS Windows NT

4. Forth for MS Windows 3.1

5. Oberon for MS-Windows 3.1?????

6. Problem with installing MIT Scheme under MS Windows 3.1

7. A86 and MS Windows 3.1

8. Tcl/TK for MS-Windows (3.1/95)

9. Missing errors to standard output from wish under MS-Windows 3.1 with Win32S

10. Tcl/Tk and MS-Windows 3.1

11. TK for MS Windows 3.1

12. ANNOUNCE: TK for MS Windows 3.1