Handling sound files (wav or mp3)
Author Message
 Handling sound files (wav or mp3)

I'd like to create a Rexx program which will extract sections from sound
files, and assemble the extracted sections toigether into a single sound
file.

Has anyone any clues as to how to proceed?

Tim

Mon, 06 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Handling sound files (wav or mp3)
Platform?

Under OS/2, you can use the REXX MCI Interface, which is documented in the
"Mutimedia REXX" manual.

For OO-REXX on Windows Developer Edition 1.0.3.0, there are some basic
functions in OODialog for playing sound files, but not much more. You can
also use the COM interface for OO-REXX (download from IBM) to drive a
program such as Syntrillium's Cool Edit.

Presumably somebody has done a REXX-MCI interface for Windows like the OS/2
interface, but I haven't.

Quote:
> I'd like to create a Rexx program which will extract sections from sound
> files, and assemble the extracted sections toigether into a single sound
> file.

> Has anyone any clues as to how to proceed?

> Tim

Tue, 07 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. mp3 to wav, wav to mp3

2. looking for wav to mp3 converter

3. console mp3->wav decoder for $indows or GUI one which supports console

4. MP3 MP3 MP3

5. Sound *.WAV sample

6. Help on Wav Sounds on Clipper 5.1

7. Execute simultaneous MP3 players which are dedicated to each their sound cards on the computer

8. Vi for recording sound/wav?

9. Modifying the pitch of a sound (wav)

10. Mp3 3D sound and VRML potential problems

11. Sound recording (wav)

12. How to play a .wav sound?