REXX API for 95/98/NT Sample Code?
Author Message
 REXX API for 95/98/NT Sample Code?

Hi all,

I am currently looking at using one of the Windows REXX Interpreters (either
Enterprise REXX or IBM Object REXX) both of which provide the REXX API and
some sample C apps.

However I have not been able to find much other sample source code for the
REXX API on the internet.

Does anyone have some sample code for using RexxStart(...) and Rexx Exits
etc.... OR a good reference/ftp site?

Also is there any problems with the IBM Object REXX API in regard to
multi-threading REXX macros (ie. 60 REXX scripts running on separate threads
all called from a C DLL)?

I look forward to any replies,

--
Andrew Keil
Technical Manager

Sun, 15 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 REXX API for 95/98/NT Sample Code?

% However I have not been able to find much other sample source code for the
% REXX API on the internet.

If you look at the OS/2 archive at hobbes.nmsu.edu, there are several
rexx function dlls which include source code. There are probably a
few applications which use Rexx as a macro language and include
source code, but you'd have to hunt around a little.

THE, an X-edit-style editor, uses the Rexx API. It's at
 http://www.lightlink.com/~hessing.

--

Patrick TJ McPhee
East York  Canada

Mon, 16 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 REXX API for 95/98/NT Sample Code?
Andrew,
I can only answer this for the Enterprise REXX part .. I work for the german
distributor :-)  WinREXX comes with a full set of API documentation, the
samples are .... well ...  they are there, I agree...

I could provide you with some source for extension DLL's (and RexxStart)
(probably I even might publish some of my "common code") - but that would be
only usefull for you if you are using MS Visual C++ Version 4 (or higher).

Send an E-Mail if you would like a copy of that workspace ... if too many
people mail I'll put it on my homepage.

Since Enterprise REXX uses the standard SAA interface the code should also
work with ObjectREXX (but you would have to link with other libraries).

regards
Wolfgang Schaefer
rubin Software

Quote:
>Hi all,

>I am currently looking at using one of the Windows REXX Interpreters
(either
>Enterprise REXX or IBM Object REXX) both of which provide the REXX API and
>some sample C apps.

>However I have not been able to find much other sample source code for the
>REXX API on the internet.

>Does anyone have some sample code for using RexxStart(...) and Rexx Exits
>etc.... OR a good reference/ftp site?

>Also is there any problems with the IBM Object REXX API in regard to
>multi-threading REXX macros (ie. 60 REXX scripts running on separate
threads
>all called from a C DLL)?

>I look forward to any replies,

>--
>Andrew Keil
>Technical Manager
>Legion UK Ltd.
>Ph: +44 (181) 600 6046
>Fax: +44 (181) 600 6060

Sun, 22 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Win 95/98/NT API

2. Sample Windows 95/98 Application?

3. NEED DB/2 API's for Object REXX for Windows 95/NT

4. 95, 98 & Win NT

5. 95/98/nt/2000/me

6. 95, 98 & Win NT

7. Clipper development for Windows 95, 98 & NT

8. Native XDS-x86 2.32 and XDS-C 2.32 for Windows NT/95/98 released

9. PL/I Comipler for Window NT/95/98

10. Native XDS-x86 2.32 and XDS-C 2.32 for Windows NT/95/98 released

11. AdaGIDE 7.00 release (Ada GUI IDE for Windows 95,98,ME,NT,2000,XP)

12. Windows 95/98/NT assembler programming