Mass change of all Warp 3 URL's to Warp 4 URLs
Author Message
 Mass change of all Warp 3 URL's to Warp 4 URLs

Is there a way to do a mass change of all of the Warp 3 URL objects
(class WebExplorer_URL) to Warp 4 URL objects (class WPUrl)?  I can
change them individually via their notebook settings, but I have way too
many to do manually.  I thought that Unimaint could do this, but it
cannot (their tech support confirmed this).

Any ideas?  Can someone write up a short REXX cmd to do this so I can
select all of the URL objects and drop them on the REXX cmd program
object?

TIA,

Doug McKibbin
Team OS/2

Fri, 18 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Mass change of all Warp 3 URL's to Warp 4 URLs

Quote:
>Is there a way to do a mass change of all of the Warp 3 URL objects
>(class WebExplorer_URL) to Warp 4 URL objects (class WPUrl)?  I can
>change them individually via their notebook settings, but I have way too
>many to do manually.  I thought that Unimaint could do this, but it
>cannot (their tech support confirmed this).

>Any ideas?  Can someone write up a short REXX cmd to do this so I can
>select all of the URL objects and drop them on the REXX cmd program
>object?

I don't have a REXX program that specifically does this, but I do have one
that creates URL objects for Warp V4 from the WebExplorer quicklist.  I
have another version that creates them from a NetScape for OS/2 bookmark
file.

The following REXX program takes entries from the quicklist and puts them
into a folder:

/* Parse explore.ini and add objects to folder */
/* Written by Bill Parrill                     */

/* Updated for OS/2 Warp V4                    */

Env = 'OS2ENVIRONMENT'

parse arg IniFile

if RxFuncQuery('SysCreateObject') then
   call RxFuncAdd 'SysCreateObject', 'RexxUtil', 'SysCreateObject'

/* Set default INI file */
if IniFile = '' then IniFile  = VALUE('ETC',,Env)||'\EXPLORE.INI'

/* Make sure INI file exists */
if STREAM(IniFile, 'C', 'QUERY EXISTS') = '' then DO
   say ''
   say IniFile' was not found!'
   EXIT 1
   END

/* Parse file until quicklist entries found */
do until (POS('[quicklist]', Line) \= 0) | \LINES(IniFile)
   Line = LINEIN(IniFile)
   end /* do */

say 'Parsing 'IniFile

/* Now the current line should be set to the top */
/* of the quicklist entries, but check first!    */
if Line \= '[quicklist]' then DO
   say ''
   say 'It looks like there were no quicklist entries in 'IniFile
   EXIT 2
   end  /* Do */

/* Read the rest of the file either to the end or to the next */
/* parameter block                                            */
Num = 0             /* Number of quicklist entries        */

do until \LINES(IniFile) | (POS('[', Line) \= 1)
   Num = Num + 1
   PARSE VALUE LINEIN(IniFile) WITH 'quicklist= ' QuickList.Num.Desc
   if QuickList.Num.Desc = '' then Num = Num - 1
   else QuickList.Num.Command = LINEIN(IniFile)
   end /* do */

CALL STREAM IniFile, 'C', 'CLOSE'

/* Create a folder and add objects */
ClassName = 'WPFolder'
Title     = 'QuickList Entries'
Location  = '<WP_DESKTOP>'
Setup     = 'OBJECTID=<FS_QUICKLST>;SHOWALLINTREEVIEW=YES;OPEN=TREE;'
call SysCreateObject ClassName, Title, Location, Setup, 'U'

ClassName = 'WPUrl'           /* All these will be programs */
Location  = '<FS_QUICKLST>'   /* in the folder we just made */
do I = 1 to Num
   say 'Command: 'QuickList.I.Command
   say 'Description: 'QuickList.I.Desc
   rc = SysCreateObject(ClassName, QuickList.I.Desc, Location, 'URL='QuickList.I.Command';', 'R')
   say 'Added 'QuickList.I.Desc' ('rc')'
   end /* do */

EXIT

Hope this helps.  If anyone is interested in the version that converts the
Netscape entries, let me know...

Bill Parrill

Sat, 19 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Warp Rexx: Change Drive Settings

2. Scheme-7.4 can't find system vio 4 font in DBCS Warp

3. Cypress' WARP VHDL

4. APL/2 & WARP

5. APL chars in DOS Windows under Warp?

6. Graphpak for APL2 on OS/2 Warp

7. Creating .EXE with PARTS 3.03 (OS/2 Warp)

8. APL-III-WIN will not load on OS/2 Warp 3

9. GNU Smalltalk under OS/2 Warp: anybody?

10. ST/V 2.0 under WARP

11. Smalltalk/V under OS/2 Warp

12. VisualAge on Warp