Dummy guide to REXX faq required 
Author Message
 Dummy guide to REXX faq required

All,

Can any one point me to where I can find a FAQ on REXX, aimed at
beginner - explaining the basic REXX commands and examples.

Thanks,

Wayne



Sat, 30 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT  
 Dummy guide to REXX faq required
A FAQ is nice for those who already know the language. For a beginner, I
would purchase the book "The REXX Language" by M.F. Cowlishaw. Michael
Cowlishaw is the father of REXX and this book is short, acurate and to
the point.

Good Luck

mickey

Quote:

> All,

> Can any one point me to where I can find a FAQ on REXX, aimed at
> beginner - explaining the basic REXX commands and examples.

> Thanks,

> Wayne




Sat, 30 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT  
 Dummy guide to REXX faq required
Hi there...

I found this FAQ while I was checking out Rexx links. Hope it helps.....

http://www.mindspring.com/~dave_martin/RexxFAQ.html

Steve.

Quote:

> All,

> Can any one point me to where I can find a FAQ on REXX, aimed at
> beginner - explaining the basic REXX commands and examples.

> Thanks,

> Wayne




Sat, 30 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT  
 Dummy guide to REXX faq required

Quote:

>I found this FAQ while I was checking out Rexx links. Hope it helps.....
>http://www.mindspring.com/~dave_martin/RexxFAQ.html

See also www.rexxla.org - there is some introductory information about
Rexx accessible from there.
--

------ http://www.comlab.ox.ac.uk/oucl/users/ian.collier/imc.html

New to this group?  Answers to frequently-asked questions can be had from
http://rexx.hursley.ibm.com/rexx/ .



Sat, 30 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT  
 Dummy guide to REXX faq required

Quote:
> Can any one point me to where I can find a FAQ on REXX, aimed at
> beginner - explaining the basic REXX commands and examples.

Within another context I collected the following links (no particalar order):

REXX Online Manual (html-text, CMS)
http://www.cs.uregina.ca/dept/manuals/Manuals/7Language/7_3REXX/7_3RE...

Ian Collier's Tutorial
http://www.comlab.ox.ac.uk/oucl/users/ian.collier/Docs/rexx_info/

SHARE-Tutorial with examples (from REXX-Language Association)
http://www.rexxla.org/rexxtut.htm

Jeff Glatt's amusing "Learn REXX programming in 56,479 easy steps" (OS/2-inf-format)
http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/pub/os2/dev/rexx/rexxbok.zip

Mike Cowlishaw's reference book "The Rexx Language" (book data)
http://www.comlab.ox.ac.uk/oucl/users/ian.collier/Rexx/TRL.html

Tips and Techniques from Quercus-REXX hotline,
http://www.quercus-sys.com/rexxtnt.htm

Bernd Schemmer's Tips & Tricks with lots of useful HowTo-code snippets
(OS/2-inf-format)
ftp://ftp.cfsrexx.com/cfsrexx/pub/rxtt28.zip

Dave Martin's RexxFAQ
http://www.mindspring.com/~dave_martin/RexxFAQ.html
http://www.mindspring.com/~dave_martin/FAQNoFrames.html

Dick Goran's "The Rexx Column" in OS/2-magazine
http://www.cfsrexx.com/os2-mag/index.htm



Thu, 15 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Dummy guide to REXX faq required

Quote:

> It should be later this year, in an updated version. If you E-mail me at


You didn't read the Sep. issue of the RexxLA newsletter yet?
I thought I introduced the newsletter staff there, and Peter Buck
is one of them.  But I haven't told the staff yet about your
writing an article for the newsletter (I think).

Regards,
$$/      F. Scott Ophof                 Visit http://www.RexxLA.org !

RexxLA: The REXX Language Association (for everyone interested in REXX)



Fri, 16 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Dummy guide to REXX faq required
Nope; I'm way behind on my reading. Why not sneak Peter an advance preview?

Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz

Quote:
> -----Original Message-----

> Sent: Monday, September 28, 1998 6:14 PM

> Subject:      Re: [faq] Dummy guide to REXX faq required


> > It should be later this year, in an updated version. If you E-mail me at

> You didn't read the Sep. issue of the RexxLA newsletter yet?
> I thought I introduced the newsletter staff there, and Peter Buck
> is one of them.  But I haven't told the staff yet about your
> writing an article for the newsletter (I think).

> Regards,
> $$/      F. Scott Ophof                 Visit http://www.RexxLA.org !

> RexxLA: The REXX Language Association (for everyone interested in REXX)



Fri, 16 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Dummy guide to REXX faq required
Quote:

> --and is "Safe REXX" available online anywhere?
> - Peter

> > -----Original Message-----

> > Sent: Monday, September 28, 1998 2:06 PM

> > Subject: ReXX FAQs

> > There's also my very own "Safe REXX", published as an
> > enterprise (TSO/E)
> > version in Technical Support and as a desktop (OS/2) version in OS/2
> > Magazine.

> > Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz

Yes you can get it from my site
http://users.powernet.co.uk/vpub look for the rexx section

--
Regards

Adrian Suri
**************


http://users.powernet.co.uk/vpub

The Home of OS/2 Zipmag......
   the mag on the net



Sun, 18 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 8 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. OOPS! (was Re: [faq] Dummy guide to REXX faq required

2. looking for dummy's guide for Clarion Dos Versions

3. Dummies guide to freeze/standalone?

4. User guide required for 5.2e

5. Dummy Argument making a dummy of me

6. REXX FAQ: The REXX SourceBook (no revisions)

7. FAQ for REXX, REXX for Linux?

8. FAQ: Prolog Resource Guide 1/2 [Monthly posting]

9. FAQ: Prolog Resource Guide 1/2 [Monthly posting]

10. FAQ: Prolog Resource Guide 1/2 [Monthly posting]

11. FAQ: Prolog Resource Guide 1/2 [Monthly posting]

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software