Temporary File Name and FTP
Author Message
 Temporary File Name and FTP

I would like to create a temporary file and the transfer this file using FTP:

"Alloc File(CPMUNITS) New Unit(SysDA) LRecl(80) RecFm(V) Reuse"
X = 'LISTDSI'(CPMUNITS FILE)
dsname = SYSDSNAME
say dsname

If I then create a command file for FTP with the following line:

Queue "put '"dsname"' test.txt"

then FTP can't find the previously created temporary file. Example error message:

put 'SYS02273.T164521.RA000.T096058.R0190260' cpm.td01.txt
Local file not found
FTP Return Code = 27000, Error Code = 00002

Fri, 18 Mar 2005 22:50:22 GMT
 Temporary File Name and FTP

Quote:
> I would like to create a temporary file and the transfer this file
> using FTP:
> "Alloc File(CPMUNITS) New Unit(SysDA) LRecl(80) RecFm(V) Reuse"

You'll need to add the "catalog" parameter to that statement so that the
dsname & lcation are added to a catalog ... so that future refs to the
dsname actually work.

Sat, 19 Mar 2005 04:29:06 GMT
 Temporary File Name and FTP

Quote:

>>I would like to create a temporary file and the transfer this file
>>using FTP:

>>"Alloc File(CPMUNITS) New Unit(SysDA) LRecl(80) RecFm(V) Reuse"

> You'll need to add the "catalog" parameter to that statement so that the
> dsname & lcation are added to a catalog ... so that future refs to the
> dsname actually work.

I don't think that's going to work, and if it does, I doubt the system
administrators will be impressed by having temporary files cataloged! I
think the answer is to give it a specific data set name. You can
generate one specific to the exec using the results of PARSE SOURCE.

Graham.

--
*-* Please remove spam free prefix before replying *-*

Sat, 19 Mar 2005 08:59:56 GMT
 Temporary File Name and FTP

Quote:

> >>I would like to create a temporary file and the transfer this file
> >>using FTP:

> >>"Alloc File(CPMUNITS) New Unit(SysDA) LRecl(80) RecFm(V) Reuse"

> > You'll need to add the "catalog" parameter to that statement so that the
> > dsname & lcation are added to a catalog ... so that future refs to the
> > dsname actually work.

> I don't think that's going to work, and if it does, I doubt the system
> administrators will be impressed by having temporary files cataloged! I
> think the answer is to give it a specific data set name. You can
> generate one specific to the exec using the results of PARSE SOURCE.

Well you're right that it should have been given a specific dsname, but
it will still need to be cataloged.

Sun, 20 Mar 2005 04:17:15 GMT

1. Creating temporary file names

2. Temporary file names (was: CW15 : Freeware library)

3. Temporary file names (was:

4. Temporary file names

5. temporary file names

6. temporary file name?

7. DOS File Lookup - just the file name, not the path AND file name

8. ftp a file by date and name match

9. expect:ftp:downloading new files from a huge ftp account

10. New files available at ftp://ftp.aud.alcatel.com Archive

11. "Temporary File"????

12. TEMPORARY FILE during input and output??