Vispro Rexx vs. VX Rexx?
Author Message
 Vispro Rexx vs. VX Rexx?

anyone have any suggestions, or can identify the pros/cons b/t
Vispro Rexx and VX Rexx?

TIA,
clarke

Mon, 02 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Vispro Rexx vs. VX Rexx?

Regardless of past merits, it appears that Watcom no longer
has any interest in VX Rexx, so if you puchase it you are on
your own.

Do mot take my  word for it though Contact the vendor.
--
Marvin Lichtenthal

Mon, 02 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Vispro Rexx vs. VX Rexx?

anyone have any suggestions, or can identify the pros/cons b/t
Vispro Rexx and VX Rexx?

TIA,
clarke

Clarke,

By far VisPro.  HockWare is still developing, promoting, supporting and
enhancing VisPro/Rexx, while the vx product has been sent out to pasture by
Powersoft.  I use VisPro/Rexx Gold and find that it has everything that I
need and more, especially with their database designer using ODBC (you just
can't beat the auto creation of the database code with drag and drop).

One of the most frustrating things I found with the Vx product is that it
has huge baggage (namely the 800k+ dll) which often runs into problems for
other vx apps if the appropriate .dll is not installed.

Barry
Mobius Group

Mon, 02 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Vispro Rexx vs. VX Rexx?

Quote:
>anyone have any suggestions, or can identify the pros/cons b/t Vispro
>Rexx and VX Rexx?
>TIA,
>clarke
>++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

>+URL:http://music.stlawu.edu/x9o2:http/clarke.html+
>+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

VX-Rexx is a discontinued product. Don't expect any service packs or
upgrades. On the other hand, VisPro Rexx has a new release including new
Merlin controls. With VisPro Rexx 3.0 the documentation was poor. I don't
know about version 3.1.

Paul Taube
University of Texas-Pan American

Mon, 02 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Vispro Rexx vs. VX Rexx?

Quote:

> anyone have any suggestions, or can identify the pros/cons b/t
> Vispro Rexx and VX Rexx?

Just for a couple of {*filter*}s:
1: VX-REXX is no longer supported by Watcom

2: Visio Pro REXX make a stand-alone app, no huge DLL to have (VX-REXX's
runtime is nearly a meg)
 --

foil is s rush"
Triak #35              "Life is a reach, then you gybe"

Mon, 02 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Vispro Rexx vs. VX Rexx?

Quote:

> anyone have any suggestions, or can identify the pros/cons b/t
> Vispro Rexx and VX Rexx?

> TIA,
> clarke

> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

> +URL:http://music.stlawu.edu/x9o2:http/clarke.html+
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

VisPro/REXX works very nicely with Object REXX and DB2. The
VisPro/Reports tool also enhances this product.

We have developed a full-blown, plain-language DB2/2 query/reporting
tool called VTrek using VisPro, Object REXX and DB2/2. It is just
becoming available at Indelible Blue, or you can see it through our
website
http://www.oops-web.com/vtrek/

We have found that Hockware is also willing to work with you to help you
with issues and that they are really nice people. What more could you
want from a product or a company?

Will Trosky
Co-Author Object REXX by Example
http://www.oops-web.com/orxbyex/

Tue, 03 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Vispro Rexx vs. VX Rexx?

Quote:
>anyone have any suggestions, or can identify the pros/cons b/t
>Vispro Rexx and VX Rexx?

VX-REXX is defunct. AFAIK the only viable options are gpf REXX and VisPro REXX.

     Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
     Systems Programmer & JOAT
     Atid/2

Any unsolicited commercial junk E-mail will will be subject to
legal action.

I added an * to my E-mail address to foil automated spammers;
remove it to contact me.

Thu, 05 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Vispro Rexx vs. VX Rexx?

Quote:
>anyone have any suggestions, or can identify the pros/cons b/t
>Vispro Rexx and VX Rexx?

Vispro Rexx is still actively developed and supported by HockWare. The "gold" edition
comes with a business graphics and a database design tool. I think the gold version
is the one to go for.

The manual is a bit light-weight though; If you know your OS/2 programming you will
probably not need it, but I sometimes have to work a bit to find out why/how something
must work.

Overall, I would buy Vispro.

Fri, 06 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Vispro Rexx vs. VX Rexx?

Quote:

> anyone have any suggestions, or can identify the pros/cons b/t
> Vispro Rexx and VX Rexx?

My personal opinion is that VX is much better than VP

The interface and Drag'n'Drop is better in VX.
You get popup menu's when inserting code which say
perfect what you can do.

And then you have the insert code option which isn't VP
and that is very easy.

VX looks and feels much better then VP
And i tested them both!!!!!

But VX isn't upgraded anymore as it seems
(this isn't a problem it is great as it is)

and i don't have the FREEFORM object, where you can
easily draw a line with your mouse or with something else,
in VX which is in VP. This is the only reason for me to
try to program with VP but everytime when i try it i get
the feeling that HOCKWARE have much to learn From Watcom

Thx

J.Compagner
The Netherlands

Sun, 15 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Vispro Rexx vs VX - Rexx

2. VisPro/Rexx vs VX-REXX

3. Vispro Rexx vs VX - Rexx

4. VisPro REXX vs VX-REXX

5. VisPro REXX vs VX-REXX

6. VisPro Rexx or VX-Rexx ?

7. VX-REXX C/S 2.1b Much Slower Than VISPRO-REXX

8. ??? Redirecting output to an MLE (VX-REXX or VisPro REXX)

9. Final Re: Vispro Rexx vs. VX Rexx?

10. Vispro vs. VX-Rexx

11. Vispro Rexx vs. VX Re

12. VX-REXX vs. Object Rexx