Still Need Help With Login Sequence Parsing-Please!
Author Message
 Still Need Help With Login Sequence Parsing-Please!

I tried to post this question the other day, but never saw it show up.
If this is a repeat, I apologize, but I still don't have an answer
8-(.

As Paul Harvey might say, I have a strange....

Last fall, I was able to successful set up a REXX script to work with
SLIPPM (Dial Other Internet Provider) in the Warp Internet Access Kit.
I had to stop using Warp, though, because my system was too slow.  I
just recently got a new machine and reinstalled Warp.  This time,
though, I can't get the script to work.  (I have a new Internet
provider, so I had to start over.)  As the login sequence, I have
entered:

     intelnet.cmd atdt3710300 keithr xxxxx

with, of course, the proper password substituted.

I modified the annex.cmd file provided with the IAK, using the
identical parse line:

     parse arg interface , dialcmd username password

When I tried to dial, I got the following:

info: [main] couldn't determine hostname
.
.
.
info: Connecting with <intelnet.cmd atdt3710300 keithr xxxxx>
inteleNET - PPP Connection Script (interface ppp0)
User Name: error: Rexx error -48 running RexxStart
error: [main] could not set up connection

First of all, I have no idea what "couldn't determine hostname" means,
but I'm not sure it's significant.  More importantly, though, in
debugging the script, I found that, while interface is parsed
correctly to ppp0, dialcmd is parsed to com1!  Username and password
are parsed to null (or possibly a space).

I seemed to remember that last fall, case had made a difference, so I
tried to change the login sequence to upper case.  When I did this,
though, I now got:

info: Connecting with <slattach AT OK ATDT371-0300 NNECT INTELNET.CMD
ATDT3710300 KEITHR XXXXX>

Can ANYONE tell me what I'm doing wrong?  I've spent several hours on
this, and it's driving me nuts!

Thanks....

Keith Russell

Tue, 31 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Need Help about Parsing :) ==> PLEASE IGNORE

2. Need Help: A Login Doohickey...

3. need help with splitting image sequence filenames

4. Parse Text File - Please Help!

5. Help needed on sequence control

6. Please help with PARSE templates

7. Help with PARSE please...

8. Help with PARSE please...

9. Parsing in Prolog - Help Me Please!

10. Need help sending escape sequences in expect

11. please, please, please, please, help