Close an open application with REXX
Author Message
 Close an open application with REXX

Is there a way to use REXX to simulate the action of a click
with the mouse to close an open  application???

Thanks for any info

--
   Roger Grossenbacher,   M.D. (University of Montreal, Canada)

Sat, 04 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Close an open application with REXX

Quote:

> Is there a way to use REXX to simulate the action of a click
> with the mouse to close an open  application???

> Thanks for any info

> --
>    Roger Grossenbacher,   M.D. (University of Montreal, Canada)

Roger,

you may use the following tool:

 Name     APMT - A PM automation Tool
 Version  v2.9
 Author   Dev Banerjee
          IBM
 Distrib. Freeware, IBM EWS
 Type     REXX DLL
 Price    -
 Source   BBS
          Name: APMTST.*

 Description from the author:

 "APMT provides a set of executables and a REXX
 function package. Using the functions provided you
 can write a REXX program which can drive a PM
 application running on the same or a different PC.
 Thus the REXX program can act as a test script for
 testing the PM application.
 Note however that APMT does not have any
 record/playback features.
 Another use of APMT is to automatically run a PM
 program on another machine for, for example,
 monitoring purposes."

--

Bernd Schemmer [TeamOS/2, Author of REXX Tips & Tricks]

The opinion expressed above is that of the author and should not be
understood
or interpreted as equivalent to the opinion of Deutsche Bank AG or any
of its
subsidiary companies.

Sun, 05 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. CW55PE release H when I close a wizard generated application the IDE closes as well

2. Closing an open browsebox when another browsebox opens

3. Realbasic opens a window without a NewDocument event on opening the application

4. Visualage Smalltalk opening closed !!

5. Opening and Closing Windows

6. Closing open windows

7. File open / close and source proc template

8. Delay in Opening/Closing Dict and App

9. Close Open with filedrp

10. strange file open/get/close problem

11. Closing all open windows

12. Open Task after Closing Program