bitwise operations (try #2)
Author Message
 bitwise operations (try #2)

Quote:
> does REXX support bitwise operations?  For example, if the RESULT
> contains the following string (ascii string representation of HEX):

>     C1242C0002010001838000
> what is the correct way to test the low order bit of the second byte
> (First byte = C1; second byte = 24; etc.....)

> Thanks.

> Regards,
> Marigowda Divya
> GSOFT

Maybe I didn't read this closely enough...
Hopefully you'll get the gist from the snippet below:

result='C1242C0002010001838000'
result=x2c(result)
if bitand(substr(result,2,1),'01'x)='01'x then say "2nd byte low bit on"
else say "2nd byte low bit off"

Lockheed Martin
US EPA National Computer Center

Fri, 03 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Doing bitwise AND operation in shell scripts

2. Bitwise operations

3. Bitwise Logical Operations?

4. bitwise operations

5. Question: Bitwise operations in Oberon

6. Bitwise operations on X's and Z's

7. Bitwise operations in Scheme

8. bitwise operation on 64 bits value, how?

9. bitwise operations in Ada95

10. Help: bitwise operations on a 56 bit word

11. Help: bitwise operations on a 56 bit word

12. Bitwise Operations