OS/2: Rexx Script from Win-OS file manager
Author Message
 OS/2: Rexx Script from Win-OS file manager

I'm working under OS/2 Warp and I'm trying to start a Rexx-Script from
the file manager of Win-OS. Is there any possibility to do this?

I've no problem to start a real OS/2 application from the Win-OS file
manager, but I can't start a Rexx Script.

Greetings,
Dieter Gerblinger

Sat, 20 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 OS/2: Rexx Script from Win-OS file manager
In a message dated 05-04-99, Dieter Gerblinger said to All about "OS/2: Rexx
Script from Wi"

DG>I'm working under OS/2 Warp and I'm trying to start a Rexx-Script from
DG>the file manager of Win-OS. Is there any possibility to do this?

DG>I've no problem to start a real OS/2 application from the Win-OS file
DG>manager, but I can't start a Rexx Script.

Try starting CMD.EXE as your "real program" and pass the .CMD file as its
parameter. Use the /C option as well to ensure it closes automatically.

Regards

Dave
<Team PL/I>
___
 * MR/2 2.25 #353 * Nothing is so smiple that it can't get screwed up.

Mon, 22 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 OS/2: Rexx Script from Win-OS file manager
Thank you very much, David!

CMD.EXE with the /C option was the solution for my problem.

Greetings,
Dieter

Quote:

> Try starting CMD.EXE as your "real program" and pass the .CMD file as its
> parameter. Use the /C option as well to ensure it closes automatically.

Sat, 27 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. REXX screen manager for OS/2

2. ANSI screen manager for OS/2 REXX SAA?

3. OS/2 REXX/Presentation Manager Interface?

4. Rexx, OS/2 and communications manager

5. OS/2 REXX and Communications Manager/2

6. Script to change OS/2 full screen to OS/2 windowed

7. Q:Using REXX under OS/2 how can you change an OS/2 window size

8. REXX-OS/2 and ECI for CICS-OS/2

9. Can OS/2 REXX call OS/2 REXX-???

10. VX-REXX and Win-OS/2

11. VX-REXX and WIN-OS/2

12. Win-OS/2 Settings with REXX created objects