OS/2 REXX DLL for (high-level) mouse support available
Author Message
 OS/2 REXX DLL for (high-level) mouse support available

Hi all,

"M" contains several high-level mouse functions. It supports
about everything I could think of in every way I could think
of, and is rather easy-to-use.

For example, it can return the mouse cursor position. But also
just the line number, return values (the default setting), and
it includes some sound support, time-outs, and all (possible)
screensizes.

There's a (OS) limitation: it requires fullscreen text-mode. And
you have to do the screen-I/O (draw screen, et cetera) yourself.
So don't expect functions like "FileSaveAs()"! Not all functions
are tested intensivly too.

Because it will take a while before the whole manual is completed
(C nor English is my native language) I have already uploaded the
runtime  of "M" to Hobbes ( http://www.*-*-*.com/ ), including one
example with comments (select a drive with a key or the mouse). I
assume it's somehow usable that way, but it doesn't use all (89!)
available functions. Just ask if you've a specific need.

Anyway, I assume a typical REXX application can be based on
the included EXAMPLE.CMD, so one can already use it as from
now. The example is more "difficult" than required but OTOH
it can be used by users, and it also supports the keyboard.

The filename (without the documentation) is mruntime.zip.

---

Thu, 23 Dec 2004 01:45:27 GMT

1. REQ: high-level OS/2 REXX mouse(/user-I/O) API ideas

2. High level RXSOCK.DLL or OREXSock.CLS extensions?

3. FYI: IBM High Level Assembler parser available

4. USENIX Very High Level Languages Symposium Proceedings Available

5. OS/2 Object REXX (ORX) - how to get DLL to update REXX variable

6. USENIX Very High Level Languages Symposium Proceedings Available

7. USENIX Very High Level Languages Symposium Proceedings Available

8. 1995 High-Level Synthesis Design Repository now available

9. HLA v1.39 (High Level Assembler) is now available

10. 1995 High-Level Synthesis Design Repository now available

11. High Level ASM and Low Level ASM

12. MOUSE SUPPORT IN REXX (TEXT-mode) ???