Who's got VRPrint or PRTGraph for VX or OS/2 Rexx?
Author Message
 Who's got VRPrint or PRTGraph for VX or OS/2 Rexx?

   Mr.{*filter*}e and I have found out that the author of VRPrint and
PRTGraph has released his works into the public domain.  These are
really nice libraries that allow you to output complexly formatted
documents to a printer.  We have the source code, but before a compile
of that is attempted, it would seem easier if someone who had a
registered copy could put it out there.  Proper proof and source can be
supplied from this side.

Thanks,
Jason Stefanovich

Sat, 04 Dec 2004 01:07:07 GMT
 Who's got VRPrint or PRTGraph for VX or OS/2 Rexx?

Quote:

>   Mr.{*filter*}e and I have found out that the author of VRPrint and
>PRTGraph has released his works into the public domain.  These are
>really nice libraries that allow you to output complexly formatted
>documents to a printer.  We have the source code, but before a compile
>of that is attempted, it would seem easier if someone who had a
>registered copy could put it out there.  Proper proof and source can be
>supplied from this side.

Say that again???

Tue, 07 Dec 2004 22:21:30 GMT
 Who's got VRPrint or PRTGraph for VX or OS/2 Rexx?

Quote:

>said:

>>>   Mr.{*filter*}e and I have found out that the author of VRPrint and
>>>PRTGraph has released his works into the public domain.  These are
>>>really nice libraries that allow you to output complexly formatted
>>>documents to a printer.  We have the source code, but before a compile
>>>of that is attempted, it would seem easier if someone who had a
>>>registered copy could put it out there.  Proper proof and source can be
>>>supplied from this side.

>>Say that again???

>Former shareware products named VRPrint and PRTGraph were released to the
>public domain by the author several years ago.  The source code is
>available, but there is no pre-made binary.  A re-make from source is on
>the complex side.  We're looking for anyone who registered the products
>(and thus HAS a binary) so we can get a copy of the binary from them.

<snip>

Quote:
>Personally, I need the products for a project at work.  Also, they're
>useful tools, and Jason and I would like to see them available again.

Say... which visual rexx tool does it work with? VX-Rexx? Vispro?

Regards,

Jack

* Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *
* http://www.*-*-*.com/                         irc.ecomstation.ca *

Thu, 09 Dec 2004 01:40:26 GMT
 Who's got VRPrint or PRTGraph for VX or OS/2 Rexx?

% Former shareware products named VRPrint and PRTGraph were released to the
% public domain by the author several years ago.  The source code is
% available, but there is no pre-made binary.  A re-make from source is on
% the complex side.

From where is the source code available?

% We can prove that the product has been released P.D. by the original
% author, because we have the source and an email from the original author
% (who we are in contact with), so it would be OK for anyone who has a

Obvious question: why don't you get the pre-made binary from the original
author?

--

Patrick TJ McPhee
East York  Canada

Thu, 09 Dec 2004 02:18:33 GMT
 Who's got VRPrint or PRTGraph for VX or OS/2 Rexx?

Quote:

>Former shareware products named VRPrint and PRTGraph were released to the
>public domain by the author several years ago.  The source code is
>available, but there is no pre-made binary.  A re-make from source is on
>the complex side.  We're looking for anyone who registered the products
>(and thus HAS a binary) so we can get a copy of the binary from them.

>We can prove that the product has been released P.D. by the original
>author, because we have the source and an email from the original author
>(who we are in contact with), so it would be OK for anyone who has a
>binary for this to consider themselves released from the original license
>terms, and to make it available.

Okay, if nobody responds to your request, would you consider working with
others to rebuild the binary?

Quote:
>Personally, I need the products for a project at work.  Also, they're
>useful tools, and Jason and I would like to see them available again.

That's a good contact to have.   Please make sure the author doesn't
disappear on us.

Thu, 09 Dec 2004 04:11:35 GMT
 Who's got VRPrint or PRTGraph for VX or OS/2 Rexx?

said:

Quote:

>>Former shareware products named VRPrint and PRTGraph were released to the
>>public domain by the author several years ago.  The source code is
>>available, but there is no pre-made binary.  A re-make from source is on
>>the complex side.  We're looking for anyone who registered the products
>>(and thus HAS a binary) so we can get a copy of the binary from them.

>>We can prove that the product has been released P.D. by the original
>>author, because we have the source and an email from the original author
>>(who we are in contact with), so it would be OK for anyone who has a
>>binary for this to consider themselves released from the original license
>>terms, and to make it available.

>Okay, if nobody responds to your request, would you consider working with
>others to rebuild the binary?

Already in progress - Jason is handling that.  The reason I'm so crazy to
get the routine is that I have a major problem at work and no available
time at all.

Quote:
>>Personally, I need the products for a project at work.  Also, they're
>>useful tools, and Jason and I would like to see them available again.
>That's a good contact to have.   Please make sure the author doesn't
>disappear on us.

Unfortunately, the reason that the author released everything to the
public domain is that he no longer uses OS/2.  I think it was a REALLY
nice thing for him to have done.  Too many authors of useful OS/2 software
have dropped support and locked the source in the closet.

Mike-

              My web page is at http://www.catherders.com

          Because network administration is like herding cats.

Due to the amazing (and disgusting) amount of unsolicited email  (spam) we
have been receiving, site-wide email filters have been  installed at
catherders.com. Exact details of how this has been  configured will not be
disclosed (I don't want the darned spammers  to figure workarounds), but I
will say that mail from .tw and .kr  domains is bounced without exception.
If this makes PacRim folks  unhappy, get those open relays fixed, folks!

Thu, 09 Dec 2004 06:56:59 GMT
 Who's got VRPrint or PRTGraph for VX or OS/2 Rexx?

[omitted]

Quote:
><snip>
>>Personally, I need the products for a project at work.  Also, they're
>>useful tools, and Jason and I would like to see them available again.
>Say... which visual rexx tool does it work with? VX-Rexx? Vispro?

As far as I know, VX-Rexx.  It might be made to work with Vispro, too, but
I won't guarantee it.  Since I don't have Vispro and do have VX, I didn't
look into the Vispro situation.

Mike-

              My web page is at http://www.catherders.com

          Because network administration is like herding cats.

Due to the amazing (and disgusting) amount of unsolicited email  (spam) we
have been receiving, site-wide email filters have been  installed at
catherders.com. Exact details of how this has been  configured will not be
disclosed (I don't want the darned spammers  to figure workarounds), but I
will say that mail from .tw and .kr  domains is bounced without exception.
If this makes PacRim folks  unhappy, get those open relays fixed, folks!

Thu, 09 Dec 2004 07:05:21 GMT
 Who's got VRPrint or PRTGraph for VX or OS/2 Rexx?

Quote:

>% Former shareware products named VRPrint and PRTGraph were released to
>the % public domain by the author several years ago.  The source code is
>% available, but there is no pre-made binary.  A re-make from source is
>on % the complex side.
>From where is the source code available?

Jason and I have copies from the author.  I could make it available on
catherders, but haven't had time.

Quote:
>% We can prove that the product has been released P.D. by the original %
>author, because we have the source and an email from the original author
>% (who we are in contact with), so it would be OK for anyone who has a
>Obvious question: why don't you get the pre-made binary from the original
>author?

Unfortunately, he doesn't have it.  He kept a copy of the source on tape,
but not the binary.  Since he no longer uses OS/2, he cannot recompile it
for us, either.

Mike-

              My web page is at http://www.catherders.com

          Because network administration is like herding cats.

Due to the amazing (and disgusting) amount of unsolicited email  (spam) we
have been receiving, site-wide email filters have been  installed at
catherders.com. Exact details of how this has been  configured will not be
disclosed (I don't want the darned spammers  to figure workarounds), but I
will say that mail from .tw and .kr  domains is bounced without exception.
If this makes PacRim folks  unhappy, get those open relays fixed, folks!

Thu, 09 Dec 2004 07:08:00 GMT
 Who's got VRPrint or PRTGraph for VX or OS/2 Rexx?

Quote:

> >% Former shareware products named VRPrint and PRTGraph were released to
> >the % public domain by the author several years ago.  The source code is
> >% available, but there is no pre-made binary.  A re-make from source is
> >on % the complex side.

> >From where is the source code available?

> Jason and I have copies from the author.  I could make it available on
> catherders, but haven't had time.

> >% We can prove that the product has been released P.D. by the original %
> >author, because we have the source and an email from the original author
> >% (who we are in contact with), so it would be OK for anyone who has a

> >Obvious question: why don't you get the pre-made binary from the original
> >author?

> Unfortunately, he doesn't have it.  He kept a copy of the source on tape,
> but not the binary.  Since he no longer uses OS/2, he cannot recompile it
> for us, either.

What language are the sources written in? It sounds like it may have been
written using the Watcom developer product that was designed to extend VX-REXX
by creating new objects to use in the IDE. I've never seen the product as I
waited too long to buy it and it is no longer available, but if I recall
correctly it required the Watcom C compiler and the add-on developer product.

The Watcom compiler is easy enough to get your hands on, but if it requires
the other product I hope the original author still has it. Or, perhaps all
you need to do is compile the sources that are produced. Did he include the
makefile that he used?

Dave

> Mike-

>               My web page is at http://www.catherders.com

>           Because network administration is like herding cats.

> Due to the amazing (and disgusting) amount of unsolicited email  (spam) we
> have been receiving, site-wide email filters have been  installed at
> catherders.com. Exact details of how this has been  configured will not be
> disclosed (I don't want the darned spammers  to figure workarounds), but I
> will say that mail from .tw and .kr  domains is bounced without exception.
> If this makes PacRim folks  unhappy, get those open relays fixed, folks!

Thu, 09 Dec 2004 14:51:11 GMT
 Who's got VRPrint or PRTGraph for VX or OS/2 Rexx?

Quote:
>We can prove that the product has been released P.D. by the original
>author, because we have the source and an email from the original author
>(who we are in contact with), so it would be OK for anyone who has a
>binary for this to consider themselves released from the original license
>terms, and to make it available.

Ship me a copy of the makefile, to my non-bogus address, and I should be
able to tell you what compiler was used.  If no one steps up to the plate,
I may be able to build it from source sometime during the next month.

Steven

Warp4/FP15/14.085_W4 www.scoug.com irc.webbnet.org #scoug (Wed 7pm PST)

Thu, 09 Dec 2004 15:56:22 GMT
 Who's got VRPrint or PRTGraph for VX or OS/2 Rexx?

[omitted]

Quote:
>What language are the sources written in? It sounds like it may have been
>written using the Watcom developer product that was designed to extend
>VX-REXX by creating new objects to use in the IDE. I've never seen the
>product as I waited too long to buy it and it is no longer available, but
>if I recall correctly it required the Watcom C compiler and the add-on
>developer product.

You're starting to get into Jasons' dept. but FWIW, we also have (and it
is required) the developer tool you describe.

 Mike-

              My web page is at http://www.catherders.com

          Because network administration is like herding cats.

Due to the amazing (and disgusting) amount of unsolicited email  (spam) we
have been receiving, site-wide email filters have been  installed at
catherders.com. Exact details of how this has been  configured will not be
disclosed (I don't want the darned spammers  to figure workarounds), but I
will say that mail from .tw and .kr  domains is bounced without exception.
If this makes PacRim folks  unhappy, get those open relays fixed, folks!

Thu, 09 Dec 2004 18:12:06 GMT
 Who's got VRPrint or PRTGraph for VX or OS/2 Rexx?

Quote:

>>% Former shareware products named VRPrint and PRTGraph were released to
>>the % public domain by the author several years ago.  The source code is
>>% available, but there is no pre-made binary.  A re-make from source is
>>on % the complex side.
>>From where is the source code available?
>Jason and I have copies from the author.  I could make it available on
>catherders, but haven't had time.
>>% We can prove that the product has been released P.D. by the original %
>>author, because we have the source and an email from the original author
>>% (who we are in contact with), so it would be OK for anyone who has a
>>Obvious question: why don't you get the pre-made binary from the original
>>author?
>Unfortunately, he doesn't have it.  He kept a copy of the source on tape,
>but not the binary.  Since he no longer uses OS/2, he cannot recompile it
>for us, either.

PMJI with what may be a silly question -- Are the files at
http://www.quercus-sys.com/rexxfree.htm unsuitable for some
reason? They purport to be copies of prtgraph version 1.5
and vrprint version 1.4, both dating from 1995. I've just
downloaded them but have not tried to use them...

- Bob W.

>Mike-
>              My web page is at http://www.catherders.com

>          Because network administration is like herding cats.

Thu, 09 Dec 2004 21:18:53 GMT
 Who's got VRPrint or PRTGraph for VX or OS/2 Rexx?

Quote:

> [omitted]

> >What language are the sources written in? It sounds like it may have been
> >written using the Watcom developer product that was designed to extend
> >VX-REXX by creating new objects to use in the IDE. I've never seen the
> >product as I waited too long to buy it and it is no longer available, but
> >if I recall correctly it required the Watcom C compiler and the add-on
> >developer product.

> You're starting to get into Jasons' dept. but FWIW, we also have (and it
> is required) the developer tool you describe.

Well then it sounds like you've got all of the pieces then. If you need any
help building it, then feel free to contact me. Although I don't do much work
at the moment with VX-REXX (I have in the past), I do use the Watcom C
compiler on a daily basis. Good Luck!

Dave

>  Mike-

>               My web page is at http://www.catherders.com

>           Because network administration is like herding cats.

> Due to the amazing (and disgusting) amount of unsolicited email  (spam) we
> have been receiving, site-wide email filters have been  installed at
> catherders.com. Exact details of how this has been  configured will not be
> disclosed (I don't want the darned spammers  to figure workarounds), but I
> will say that mail from .tw and .kr  domains is bounced without exception.
> If this makes PacRim folks  unhappy, get those open relays fixed, folks!

Fri, 10 Dec 2004 01:13:51 GMT
 Who's got VRPrint or PRTGraph for VX or OS/2 Rexx?

 > >Say... which visual rexx tool does it work with? VX-Rexx? Vispro?
 > As far as I know, VX-Rexx.  It might be made to work with Vispro, too, but
 > I won't guarantee it.  Since I don't have Vispro and do have VX, I didn't
 > look into the Vispro situation.

PRTGraph works with VisPro-Rexx. (Actually it even works with pure
OS/2-Rexx with the help of a little daemon)

Reg.,

Andreas Kieser

Thu, 09 Dec 2004 09:33:02 GMT

 [ 54 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2] [3] [4]

 Relevant Pages

1. VX-REXX/REXX dialog trouble in OS/2 w/ FP17

2. VX-REXX and Object REXX under OS/2

3. Object REXX & VX-REXX under OS/2

4. Creation of GIF/BMP with REXX and VX-REXX in OS/2

5. VX-REXX: Getting info. on WPS Drop Target

6. column names getting garbled in Vx-Rexx C/S database object

7. Help: VX-REXX-- creating icons on the desktop in OS/2

8. Controlling OS/2 text mode app with VX-REXX

9. Controlling OS/2 text mode app with VX-REXX

10. vx-rexx,ftp,os/2 editor

11. Ftp and os/2 3.0 vx-rexx 2.0

12. OS/2 API calls in VX-REXX