question about VisPro REXX
Author Message
 question about VisPro REXX

hi,
i am a green hand in REXX. i have some question about VisPro REXX.
1) which  programmer language is used in VisPro REXX?  eg: REXX,
ObjectRexx...
2) where to download VisPro REXX?
i can't access www.vispro.com, is there any else web site to download vispro
rexx?
3) how to create the environment of VisPro REXX? does it nees any other
software or tool kit? if needs, how to get them and install them?
4) does VisPro REXX only support for OS/2? does VisPro REXX support for
windows?

thank for any help.

Yang Qiao

Fri, 17 Dec 2004 17:11:55 GMT
 question about VisPro REXX

Quote:

> 1) which  programmer language is used in VisPro REXX?  eg: REXX,
> ObjectRexx...

It could work with either.

Quote:
> 2) where to download VisPro REXX?
> i can't access www.vispro.com, is there any else web site to download vispro
> rexx?

VisPro is out of business

Quote:
> 3) how to create the environment of VisPro REXX? does it nees any other
> software or tool kit? if needs, how to get them and install them?

I believe, if my memory serves me correctly, then you need the OS/2 SDK
installed to get tools like BIND. Otherwise it is complete.

Quote:
> 4) does VisPro REXX only support for OS/2? does VisPro REXX support for
> windows?

Unfortunately only OS/2.

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems

Fri, 17 Dec 2004 18:48:51 GMT
 question about VisPro REXX

Quote:

>hi,
>i am a green hand in REXX. i have some question about VisPro REXX.
>1) which  programmer language is used in VisPro REXX?  eg: REXX,
>ObjectRexx...

Well, it depends on the interpreter installed on the computer that
the program is running on. If it's the Classic Rexx interpreter,
then VisPro will use it, and if it's the Object Rexx interpreter,
then it will use it instead.

If you intend to write a program for your own use, use whichever one
suits you best. If you intend to distribute it widely, you should
probably use classic rexx, because the object rexx interpreter deals
with classic rexx code just fine, while the reverse is not true.

Quote:
>2) where to download VisPro REXX?
>i can't access www.vispro.com, is there any else web site to download vispro
>rexx?

No there isn't. The company that made VisPro Rexx is defunct.

You might be able to find a copy on eBay or something like that...
try posting to the comp.os.os2.programmer.misc and perhaps
comp.os.os2.marketplace... it's an OS/2 program so you're more
likely to find it in the comp.os.os2.* hierarchy.

comp.os.os2.misc might be another place to ask around.

Quote:
>3) how to create the environment of VisPro REXX? does it nees any other
>software or tool kit? if needs, how to get them and install them?

Once you get it, you don't need anything else.

Quote:
>4) does VisPro REXX only support for OS/2? does VisPro REXX support for
>windows?

Yes, only for OS/2.

Quote:
>thank for any help.

Hope this helps!

* Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *
* http://consultron.ca                         irc.ecomstation.ca *

Fri, 17 Dec 2004 19:59:28 GMT
 question about VisPro REXX
thanks.

Sat, 18 Dec 2004 23:34:35 GMT

1. Questions: Vispro REXX, REXX and OS/2

2. for help about vispro rexx and Object REXX

3. Vispro Rexx vs VX - Rexx

4. VisPro/Rexx vs VX-REXX

5. VisPro Rexx or VX-Rexx ?

6. VX-REXX C/S 2.1b Much Slower Than VISPRO-REXX

7. REXX Compiler for VisPro/REXX

8. Object REXX,VisPRO/REXX and Threads

9. Vispro Rexx vs VX - Rexx

10. VisPro REXX vs VX-REXX

11. VisPro REXX vs VX-REXX

12. Object Rexx and VisPro Rexx operability