MVS/ESA Rexx Compiler
Author Message
 MVS/ESA Rexx Compiler

We are evaluating several mainframe Rexx compilers and I would be interested
in any experiences, good or bad, which people may have had.

The vendors are (so far):

1) Relational Architects International
   RLX for MVS

   This product includes REXX/VSAM interface, a software development kit and
   a Rexx compiler (AcceleREXX).

2) Open Software Technologies, Inc.
   REXXTOOLS/MVS(R)

   This product seems to primarily address VSAM, SQL, and DB2 interfaces.  The
   compiler is almost an afterthought.

3) IBM

I am primarily interested in *SPEED*.  The VSAM interface is also a plus.

To save bandwidth, if you respond directly to me, I will summarize to the list.

---

Opinions expressed above may not be those of my employer.

James R. Evans
Mead Data Central               (513) 865-1121 x6610

Miamisburg, OH  45342           !uunet!meaddata!jime

Mon, 07 Apr 1997 05:31:33 GMT

1. REXX compiler on MVS/ESA 3.1.3

2. CLIST vs. REXX (was: MVS/ESA)

3. REXX for CICS/ESA and DB2 REXX interface

4. TIME Macro Expansion MVS/ESA

5. MVS/ESA assembly book wanted

6. MVS XA/ESA

7. DB2, MVS/ESA, PL1 (newbee)

8. mvs/esa sp5 application symbol table

9. Linking PL/I and C on MVS/ESA

10. VM Open Edition and MVS/ESA Open Edition

11. MVS/ESA

12. Netrexx and MVS/ESA - TSO