VX-REXX install failure on FP15
Author Message
 VX-REXX install failure on FP15

I'm having this install failure and it seems someone had the same issue
back in good old 1998...never got a reply though:

*********
I recently tried to re-install VX-REXX (for OS/2) from the original
distribution disks, and the setup program exits after asking for the
install directory and starting to copy.  The disks are not bad because I
can install vxrexx on a friend's computer without a hitch.  Based on
some advice I received concerning a tokenized file problem, I converted
my system back to classic rexx (from Object Rexx) and installed again.
The same thing happened.

Has anybody got any advice as to where I can go from here?  I have a
problem with my current installation (the insert code feature causes
vxrexx to exit), and I would really like to get things back to normal.

**********

I'm having the same exact problem.  It installed on my old FP12 system
just dandy.  Any help or insight would be appreciated.

TIA,
Jason

Fri, 03 Dec 2004 23:35:20 GMT
 VX-REXX install failure on FP15

Quote:

> I'm having the same exact problem.  It installed on my old FP12 system
> just dandy.  Any help or insight would be appreciated.

Try installing it on a drive with less than 2GB free, and if that
doesn't work, try on a drive which is less than 2GB, period. Some
programs, installers in particular, don't understand what used to be a
big drive.

Graham.

Sat, 04 Dec 2004 08:56:03 GMT
 VX-REXX install failure on FP15
Your free space is probably too big for the VXRexx installation to
handle. Most likely the installer is a 16bit app that wraps the disk
size and fails because it thinks there is not enough space available.
An idea is to zip your friend's machine's installation, and unzip it
on your disk editing your config.sys appropriately.  If it is really
the disk size, you could try getting space hog (I think that's the
name) from hobbes that will create a balloon file to reduce your
available free space.

Regards,

Quote:
> I'm having this install failure and it seems someone had the same issue
> back in good old 1998...never got a reply though:

> *********
> I recently tried to re-install VX-REXX (for OS/2) from the original
> distribution disks, and the setup program exits after asking for the
> install directory and starting to copy.  The disks are not bad because I
> can install vxrexx on a friend's computer without a hitch.  Based on
> some advice I received concerning a tokenized file problem, I converted
> my system back to classic rexx (from Object Rexx) and installed again.
> The same thing happened.

> Has anybody got any advice as to where I can go from here?  I have a
> problem with my current installation (the insert code feature causes
> vxrexx to exit), and I would really like to get things back to normal.

> **********

> I'm having the same exact problem.  It installed on my old FP12 system
> just dandy.  Any help or insight would be appreciated.

> TIA,
> Jason

Sat, 04 Dec 2004 09:14:18 GMT
 VX-REXX install failure on FP15

Quote:

> Your free space is probably too big for the VXRexx installation to
> handle. Most likely the installer is a 16bit app that wraps the disk
> size and fails because it thinks there is not enough space available.
> An idea is to zip your friend's machine's installation, and unzip it
> on your disk editing your config.sys appropriately.  If it is really
> the disk size, you could try getting space hog (I think that's the
> name) from hobbes that will create a balloon file to reduce your
> available free space.

> Regards,

>>I'm having this install failure and it seems someone had the same issue
>>back in good old 1998...never got a reply though:

>>*********
>>I recently tried to re-install VX-REXX (for OS/2) from the original
>>distribution disks, and the setup program exits after asking for the
>>install directory and starting to copy.  The disks are not bad because I
>>can install vxrexx on a friend's computer without a hitch.  Based on
>>some advice I received concerning a tokenized file problem, I converted
>>my system back to classic rexx (from Object Rexx) and installed again.
>>The same thing happened.

>>Has anybody got any advice as to where I can go from here?  I have a
>>problem with my current installation (the insert code feature causes
>>vxrexx to exit), and I would really like to get things back to normal.

>>**********

>>I'm having the same exact problem.  It installed on my old FP12 system
>>just dandy.  Any help or insight would be appreciated.

>>TIA,
>>Jason

OK, that's possible.  I'll check it out.  Thanks.

Sat, 04 Dec 2004 11:04:15 GMT

1. VX-REXX Install Disks

2. Vispro Rexx vs VX - Rexx

3. VX-REXX/REXX dialog trouble in OS/2 w/ FP17

4. VisPro/Rexx vs VX-REXX

5. VX-REXX to any REXX on NT

6. VisPro Rexx or VX-Rexx ?

7. Object REXX/VX-REXX DB problems

8. VX-REXX and Object REXX under OS/2

9. Object REXX & VX-REXX under OS/2

10. Creation of GIF/BMP with REXX and VX-REXX in OS/2

11. VX-REXX and Object-REXX

12. Is Vx-Rexx The Best Rexx Add-on ?