VXREXX truncates messages in MSGBOX
Author Message
 VXREXX truncates messages in MSGBOX

Quote:
>Hello All,

>On a OS/2 Warp machine running FixPak 17 VXREXX seems to be truncating
>messages in messageboxes.  Is there a fix for this in VXREXX or OS/2.
>We're running VXREXX 2.1D

>Thanks, Art

        Use a multi-line message dialog with just one line of text. It's cheap
and dirty but it works. This isn't just a fixpack 17 problem it has been around
a while. I found it with fixpack 10.

David E. Wald

Black Pine Development      (Exclusively OS/2 preferably WARP)

Sun, 30 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 VXREXX truncates messages in MSGBOX

Quote:
>Hello All,

>On a OS/2 Warp machine running FixPak 17 VXREXX seems to be truncating
>messages in messageboxes.  Is there a fix for this in VXREXX or OS/2.
>We're running VXREXX 2.1D

>Thanks, Art

It is FixPack 17 that does this, and supposedly it is only fixable by
backing out the SOM.DLL, which is not recommended. I tried backing out
all the REXX DLLs, and this didn't work. If you are concerned about your
app, you can work around the problem by writing your own windows to
replace the dialogs. If you are concerned about VX-REXX itself, you have
to back out FP17.

-- EDM/2 Associate Editor and Book reviewer
EDM/2    http://www.iqpac.com/edm2/
Reviews http://www.iqpac.com/edm2/columns/books.shtml
Webpage http://www.undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca/~bcrwhims/

Sun, 30 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 VXREXX truncates messages in MSGBOX
Hello All,

On a OS/2 Warp machine running FixPak 17 VXREXX seems to be truncating
messages in messageboxes.  Is there a fix for this in VXREXX or OS/2.
We're running VXREXX 2.1D

Thanks, Art

Sun, 30 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 VXREXX truncates messages in MSGBOX

Quote:
> It is FixPack 17 that does this, and supposedly it is only fixable by
> backing out the SOM.DLL, which is not recommended. I tried backing out
> all the REXX DLLs, and this didn't work. If you are concerned about your
> app, you can work around the problem by writing your own windows to
> replace the dialogs. If you are concerned about VX-REXX itself, you have
> to back out FP17.

There was a file on testcase.boulder.ibm.com in ps/fromibm/som called
som.dll.vxrexx or something like that.  I was wondering if it was a fix
for the problem.  I haven't tried it -- I've just been far too busy
lately.  Thought I'd mention it, though.

Mon, 31 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 VXREXX truncates messages in MSGBOX

Quote:
>Hello All,

>On a OS/2 Warp machine running FixPak 17 VXREXX seems to be truncating
>messages in messageboxes.  Is there a fix for this in VXREXX or OS/2.
>We're running VXREXX 2.1D

Art,

No, we're still waiting.  The current drill is to get IBM to deliver
something.  Strange when I think about it since Watcom is pinning the fault on
something in SOM.DLL, and they are the ONLY CODE (it seems) getting nailed.

Nobody else's modal windows, just theirs.

So what's the natural reaction?  "It's happening to us - IBM's problem."

Anyway, that's where we're at and you and I and everybody else is waiting.....

Tue, 01 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. VXREXX truncating the message box, fix it like this

2. VXRexx Message Box

3. Start a VXRexx program from a VXRexx Program

4. rblogo in msgBox

5. How to ask if a msgbox is shown?

6. MsgBox Size & Color

7. Position of MsgBox

8. Changing the icon used by the MsgBox function

9. Microsoft-MsgBox via ActiveX

10. MsgBox

11. Hardcoded non-system-default font in msgbox.tcl

12. Replace standard MESSAGE function in C4 with own message function