selecting line to parse
Author Message
 selecting line to parse

Hello all,

I'm trying to write a program in REXX to format email msgs generated by an
HTML form mailto:. The body of message contains one very long line.
I've written a parse statement which will separate field values from field
names and write them each on a separate line.
However, I'm having trouble envisaging a robust strategy for moving to that
line, since it can start with anything. The one constant seems to be that
it is the last (non-empty) line in the msg file.
Presumably using a combination of WHILE LINES() > 0 and LINEIN(),
what would be an elegant (and failsafe) strategy for moving to this line?

Thanks

A rexx neophyte

Mon, 23 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 selecting line to parse

Quote:

> I'm trying to write a program in REXX to format email msgs generated by an
> HTML form mailto:.

If your server can run CGI scripts you may be better off by using an
email form, which has extra advantages, and allows you to format data
the way you want them, with arbitrary layout and separatos, right away.

Quote:
> ... The one constant seems to be that
> it is the last (non-empty) line in the msg file.
> Presumably using a combination of WHILE LINES() > 0 and LINEIN(),
> what would be an elegant (and failsafe) strategy for moving to this line?

line = '';
Do While Lines() > 0;
    linein = Linein();
    If linein <> ''
    Then line = linein;
End;
/* line now contains the last line */

Klaus Johannes Rusch
--

http://www.atmedia.net/KlausRusch/

Tue, 24 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Selecting first line on screen and current line after reread in browselist

2. Parsing line by line

3. Modelsim cannot parse `define in `include selected with `ifdef

4. Selecting More Than One Line In a Listbox

5. select line by regexp/change Upper to Lower case

6. Select lines on a Canvas

7. printing selected lines in a file

8. Select this range of lines?

9. HELPPPPPPP!!!!!!! SELECT NEW LINE IN BORWS BOX

10. Pmw.ScrolledText: selecting a line?

11. Can't select fast-drawing (width 0) canvas lines

12. Q:selecting multiple lines in a listbox