ANN: Rexx for Palm OS Beta 0.1.251 with Rexxlets(tm)
Author Message
 ANN: Rexx for Palm OS Beta 0.1.251 with Rexxlets(tm)

Like is explained here by IBM,
http://www.*-*-*.com/ , Rexx was "developed for
its users rather than for the convenience of its implementers."

Don't we know it!

We're a month later than we had planned, but we've done a lot of
things to advance Rexx for Palm OS for our users...developers as well
as end-users of the Rexx programming language on Palm handhelds.

New features include URL streams, Rexxlets(tm), beep/clear, and
decNumber. See http://www.*-*-*.com/

We've also moved the Web site to http://www.*-*-*.com/ .

Rexx for Palm OS is an implementation of the Rexx programming
language that brings "personal programming" to Palm handhelds,
as well as the ability to hyperlink and glue Palm OS applications and
databases to one another through Rexxlets.

Fri, 24 Dec 2004 11:47:01 GMT
 ANN: Rexx for Palm OS Beta 0.1.251 with Rexxlets(tm)
Downloaded
Installled
1st application running
All in less than 5 minutes (would have been faster, but had to shorten
some lines in my code)

First application is a routine to convert Roman Numerals to Arabic or
Arabic to Roman Numerals.  Will handle anything from 1 to 3999.

Lee Peedin
VP RexxLA

Quote:
>Like is explained here by IBM,
>http://www2.hursley.ibm.com/rexx/rexxadv.htm, Rexx was "developed for
>its users rather than for the convenience of its implementers."

>Don't we know it!

>We're a month later than we had planned, but we've done a lot of
>things to advance Rexx for Palm OS for our users...developers as well
>as end-users of the Rexx programming language on Palm handhelds.

>New features include URL streams, Rexxlets(tm), beep/clear, and
>decNumber. See http://www.jaxo.com/rexx for more.

>We've also moved the Web site to http://www.jaxo.com.

>Rexx for Palm OS is an implementation of the Rexx programming
>language that brings "personal programming" to Palm handhelds,
>as well as the ability to hyperlink and glue Palm OS applications and
>databases to one another through Rexxlets.

Fri, 24 Dec 2004 20:40:34 GMT

1. INFO-ADA Digest V89 #251

2. VOILA ! Rexx for Palm OS

3. REXX for the Palm OS?

4. Any (Rexx, Palm OS) Job (tips)?

5. ANNOUNCE: V0.3 of Palm Tcl for Palm OS

6. Python for the Palm(tm) Computing Platform

7. ANN: LispWorks 4.3 for MAC OS X (10.2.3) Beta version now available

8. VX-REXX 1.01 and OS/2 Beta

9. ANN: omniORB 4.0.0 beta 2 and omniORBpy 2.0 beta 2

10. ANN: Installer - Linux beta 01, Windows beta 3f

11. BETA: [ANNOUNCE] RED (REXX Editor) Beta Test Phase I

12. under IMS-TM on OS/390 using DB/2