Controlling printer output via OS/2 Rexx
Author Message
 Controlling printer output via OS/2 Rexx

Hello all,

  I have a Rexx program (VX-Rexx actually...) that produces a
form that I need to send to a printer.  I can do that part, but
the form contains characters above ASCII-128 that should print
as line-drawing characters - but they come out as symbols or
accented alphabetic characters.

  Is there a way to tell the printer driver what character set
and size to use that is independant of the specific printer
involved?  The output might be going to either a Laser Jet, a
Desk Jet, or a KXP-1624 (Panasonic dot-matrix).

  I've looked in a few add-on libraries for Rexx, but nothing
helpful so far.

  If I could just control the typeface and size, that would be
enough.  I can lose the line drawing characters if I have to.

        Tony

Sat, 29 Nov 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Replacing Printer drivers on an 0S/2 2.11 workstation via a REXX Script

2. Take a printer output to Rexx

3. OS/2 printer controls

4. OS/2 database access via Rexx

5. OS/400 REXX - changing variables via API's

6. FW: OS/2 database access via Rexx

7. Knowing when the Desktop is Loaded via Rexx in OS/2 v2.11

8. Update an object via rexx (OS/2)

9. Modifying Win3.1 REG.DAT via OS/2 REXX

10. ??? Report Printer/Designer for OS/2 Rexx ???

11. Capturing Trace output ( OS/2 REXX )

12. piping input and output with OS/2 REXX