"DOS" commands in REXX under NT
Author Message
 "DOS" commands in REXX under NT

Hi,

I need to issue the CHDIR command in a REXX routine that I am running under
Windows NT.
Every time I issue the command, I do not get an error message - but the
command has no effect.
Any ideas on what I should do?
Bob

Thu, 30 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 "DOS" commands in REXX under NT

--------------AB5191E8A1A38E99AB53495B

Under OREXX use the "DIRECTORY newdirectory" function.

Quote:

> Hi,

> I need to issue the CHDIR command in a REXX routine that I am running under
> Windows NT.
> Every time I issue the command, I do not get an error message - but the
> command has no effect.
> Any ideas on what I should do?
> Bob

--------------AB5191E8A1A38E99AB53495B

<HTML>
Under OREXX use the "<B>DIRECTORY <I>newdirectory</I></B>" function.

<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>Hi,

<P>I need to issue the CHDIR command in a REXX routine that I am running
under
<BR>Windows NT.
<BR>Every time I issue the command, I do not get an error message - but
the
<BR>command has no effect.
<BR>Any ideas on what I should do?
<BR>Bob</BLOCKQUOTE>
?</HTML>

--------------AB5191E8A1A38E99AB53495B--

Fri, 31 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 "DOS" commands in REXX under NT

Quote:
> Hi,

> I need to issue the CHDIR command in a REXX routine that I am running
under
> Windows NT.
> Every time I issue the command, I do not get an error message - but the
> command has no effect.
> Any ideas on what I should do?
> Bob

It seems that Regina REXX launches a new CMD.EXE process when it executes a
command.  So I guess that while the 'CD' command is actually executed, it
pertains only to the new process, which is terminated as soon as the 'CD'
command has finished.

__Vidar Tysse__

Sat, 01 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 "DOS" commands in REXX under NT

: > Hi,
: >
: > I need to issue the CHDIR command in a REXX routine that I am running
: under
: > Windows NT.
: > Every time I issue the command, I do not get an error message - but the
: > command has no effect.
: > Any ideas on what I should do?
: > Bob
: >
: It seems that Regina REXX launches a new CMD.EXE process when it executes a
: command.  So I guess that while the 'CD' command is actually executed, it
: pertains only to the new process, which is terminated as soon as the 'CD'
: command has finished.

This is correct. That is why the chdir() builtin function is provided. The
only problem with this is that it is broken in the unofficial port of
Regina available on the NT Resource kit.

To get an official port of Regina for NT, that has a working chdir(), see
my WWW home page below.

Cheers, Mark

 PO Box 203                          Phone:              +617 3802 0800
 Bellara                             http://www.lightlink.com/hessling/
 QLD 4507                            **** Author of THE & Rexx/SQL ****
 Australia                           ******* Maintainer PDCurses ******
                                     ********** Member RexxLA *********

Mon, 03 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Windows NT "AT" command

2. Dos command lines and -c "text"

3. Bug with "exec" command on NT

4. "REXX" command host

5. Object REXX for NT "features"

6. Object Rexx "orx" command

7. string.join(["Tk 4.2p2", "Python 1.4", "Win32", "free"], "for")

8. Canvas "arc stippling" and "Send" Command on Windows NT

10. Parsing ""D""?

11. "Fifth", "Forth", zai nar?

12. Ruby "finalize", "__del__"