Error 4 in Personal REXX Under Windows NT 3.5
Author Message
 Error 4 in Personal REXX Under Windows NT 3.5

I am experiencing a problem when running a certain REXX module.  If I
call the module from one program, it works fine.  From another, it hangs
with an error 4 Program Interrupted (The system interrupted execution of
a REXX program because of some error, or by user request.)  Both
calling programs are also REXX.  I certainly didn't request the hang,
and there are no other error messages that indicate a reason for the
hang.  If I reboot my machine and try again, it hangs in a different
location.  I am running Quercus Personal REXX for NT under Windows NT
3.5.  I get the same results regardless of whether the module is compiled
or not.

Does anyone have any idea why I might be experiencing this hang or
provide some idea where to look for the source of the problem?  Tracing
the execution provides no insight as to the cause.  I thought that the
problem might be program size related, but the program that it runs under
is much larger than the one it fails under.

Any assistance at all will be greatly appreciated.

Wed, 06 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
[...]

I found a work-around for my problem, but it doesn't explain it any better.  I added
a CALL ON FAIL to my module.  In the FAIL routine, I simply display a message and
pause 5 seconds.  FAIL is called irregularily and only once in any exection of the
module (shortly after it starts).  I am certainly not pressing CTRL-BREAK, but the
module is complaining that someone or something is.  Any suggestions?

Thu, 07 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Error 4 in Personal REXX Under Windows NT 3.5

Quote:

>>I am experiencing a problem when running a certain REXX module.  If I
>>call the module from one program, it works fine.  From another, it hangs
>>with an error 4 Program Interrupted (The system interrupted execution of
>>a REXX program because of some error, or by user request.)  Both
>>calling programs are also REXX.  .....
>>Any assistance at all will be greatly appreciated.

>Why don't you include the REXX sources to be examined ?

REX0004: ***Program interrupted***

EXPLANATION: The system interrupted execution of a program
             because of some error, or by user request.
ACTION: Trap interrupts via CALL ON HALT or SIGNAL ON HALT.

Have you tried the CALL ON HALT or SIGNAL ON HALT to see where the offense is?

Gaylen Fraley                         \\||//
Team OS/2                             ( .. )
-----------------------------------oOO--()--OOo--------------------------------
John 3:16  "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life."

Wed, 13 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using Brequest with Windows NT 3.5 or 4.0

2. Windows NT 3.5 Illegal Instruction

3. CW 2003 and NT 3.5 (Golden Oldies)

4. VW2 connect to Oracle using Named Pipes (NT 3.5)

5. Cheap NT 3.5 Workstation edition

6. Anybody get MFCOBOL working on NT 3.5

7. How to install sybtcl in window NT 3.5

8. Personal Rexx: How to access NT environment variables?

9. Errors in RB 3.5 examples-adding files

10. RB 3.5 and Windows NT2000 servers

11. Info wanted : REXX for NT (Windows NT)

12. Personal Rexx For Windows