PING return code
Author Message
 PING return code

:>I have a little rexx script that re-logs me into Novell Intranetware 4.11 if
:>the netowrk drives dispear at any time (a cron runs script every 5 minutes,
:>it's an unattended machine).  I want to make sure the Novell server is up
:>before trying to log in, so I figure if I can use PING and depending on
:>whether ping works it attempts to log in.  The way it is set now, it will
:>always keep trying to log in and will open tons on NWTools that don't close.
:>Any help will bea ppreciated, thanks
:>
:

You have to load the socket util stuff for Rexx.... And I presume the Novell
box is running TCP/IP....
then:

pingsite = '127.0.0.1'
parse value ftpping(pingsite,1) with pingcode .
if datatype(pingcode,'N') then
        say pingsite 'is there'
else
        say pingsite 'is not there'

Clive

Sat, 10 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. return -code return doesn't play nice with set

2. Does anyone know of a C/C++ ping source code to write an extension for TCL

3. branching on return code

4. Setting Return Code

5. Line Returns in Code

6. ABC Code : Return without parenthesis

7. Code to Execute on Return to Frame

8. Soft Return Code

9. Soft Return Code

10. RETURN character code in a STRING !

11. How to return an error code from an Eiffel program

12. Code portability v.s. return stack use