VX-REXX 2.1B Can't drag from WE to Container
Author Message
 VX-REXX 2.1B Can't drag from WE to Container

Is it a bug or a feature?  Open a new project in VX-REXX 2.1B.
Create some stuff (containers, entry fields, MLE).  Enable
Drag-Drop on everything.  Create an empy Drag-Drop event
for each field.  Make sure the Drag Target is "ALL". Run it.

Now start Web Explorer.  Display any page.  Drag the page over
and try to drop it on the VX-REXX objects.  You can drop it on
the MLE, and on the Entry field, but the Container will not
accept it (you get the symbol that it is not in the Drag Target
even though you specified "All").  If you get some Info on the
event (from the DragDrop exit on the MLE) the thing being
dragged seems to be a pretty regular sort of file.

---------------
Howard Gilbert -- Chief Mechanic at PC Lube and Tune
Technical training on PC's, networks, and communications.
Point Netscape or WebExplorer at http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 15 Jul 1997 06:21:40 GMT
 VX-REXX 2.1B Can't drag from WE to Container
Hello Howard.Gilbert !

Replying to a message of Howard.Gilbert to All:

 H> Now start Web Explorer.  Display any page.  Drag the page over
 H> and try to drop it on the VX-REXX objects.  You can drop it on
 H> the MLE, and on the Entry field, but the Container will not
 H> accept it (you get the symbol that it is not in the Drag Target
 H> even though you specified "All").  If you get some Info on the
 H> event (from the DragDrop exit on the MLE) the thing being
 H> dragged seems to be a pretty regular sort of file.

It is a bug amongst others in container - handling !

I'm quarraling about half a year about the problem, that a Container in Detail
- view does not recognize a Font droped upon it.

I had to add popup - menues for fontdialogs in an application using 10
different containers, unneccesary code :-(((

--=={Regards Heinz Mueller [Team OS/2 int.]}==--

Wed, 16 Jul 1997 18:57:18 GMT
 VX-REXX 2.1B Can't drag from WE to Container
Drag and drop is a handled slightly differently when it comes to containers,
mainly because each record in a container is a dragtarget.  Setting the
DragTarget property for the container only sets it for the non-record
area, you still have to make each record a drag target individually.

Eric

Thu, 17 Jul 1997 07:21:25 GMT
 VX-REXX 2.1B Can't drag from WE to Container

Quote:
>Drag and drop is a handled slightly differently when it comes to containers,
>mainly because each record in a container is a dragtarget.  Setting the
>DragTarget property for the container only sets it for the non-record
>area, you still have to make each record a drag target individually.

In this case, the container is empty, the WE document is being
dropped on the whitespace, the container Target is All (the default)
Drag and Drop has been enabled by checking the properties box of the
container, and there is a DragDrop routine.  However, I have also
noted the problem in a real case where I have a container on which
one can drop real Drives-style *.HTM files but cannot drop the Web
Explorer page (despite the fact that I can drop the WE page on a
list box and when I query everything that I can think to ask VRInfo
about the WE page looks like a *.HTM file in a temporary directory).

---------------
Howard Gilbert -- Chief Mechanic at PC Lube and Tune
Technical training on PC's, networks, and communications.
Point Netscape or WebExplorer at http://pclt.cis.yale.edu/pclt/default.htm

Fri, 18 Jul 1997 13:59:26 GMT
 VX-REXX 2.1B Can't drag from WE to Container

Quote:

>In this case, the container is empty, the WE document is being
>dropped on the whitespace, the container Target is All (the default)
>Drag and Drop has been enabled by checking the properties box of the
>container, and there is a DragDrop routine.  However, I have also
>noted the problem in a real case where I have a container on which
>one can drop real Drives-style *.HTM files but cannot drop the Web
>Explorer page (despite the fact that I can drop the WE page on a
>list box and when I query everything that I can think to ask VRInfo
>about the WE page looks like a *.HTM file in a temporary directory).

I'm a bit baffled by this one.  If I drag a page off the WE, all I ever
get is a drag/drop format of "<DRM_OS2FILE,DRF_BITMAP>", which I find
very mysterious.  All I can think of right now is to just play around
with the DragTarget property by setting it to
"Formats=(DRM_OS2FILE,DRM_OBJECT,DRM_UNKNOWN)x(DRF_BITMAP,DRF_UNKNOWN)".
Anything further requires some investigation.

Eric

Sat, 19 Jul 1997 05:36:46 GMT

1. Drag/Drop from VX-REXX container to WPSHELL?

2. VX-REXX C/S 2.1b Much Slower Than VISPRO-REXX

3. VX-Rexx Drag/Drop between exe's

4. VX-REXX: Error updating to 2.1B (?)

5. VX-REXX C/S 2.1b Much

6. VX-Rexx V2.1b

7. VX-Rexx V2.1b

8. VX-REXX Container Help

9. VX-Rexx: Can a program scroll a container?

10. Vx-Rexx Slow With Containers

11. Large number of records in VX-REXX container

12. Vx-Rexx Containers And Visibi