Newbie again: Step-by-step execution?
Author Message
 Newbie again: Step-by-step execution?

Is there some function around which would enable me to monitor
step-by-step program flow in Rexx, such as in Basic programs where an
user can press e.g. F8 for execution of next line, together with an
immediate command window for control purposes?

Thanks again.

Thu, 01 Jul 2004 02:37:47 GMT
 Newbie again: Step-by-step execution?

Quote:

> Is there some function around which would enable me to monitor
> step-by-step program flow in Rexx, such as in Basic programs where an
> user can press e.g. F8 for execution of next line, together with an
> immediate command window for control purposes?

Read up on the TRACE command in the REXX documentation that came with your
system.

--
        -- Aron

NB: To reply by e-mail, remove "spam-block." from my address.
- - - - - - - - - - -
The best defence is a strong retreat.

Thu, 01 Jul 2004 02:39:00 GMT
 Newbie again: Step-by-step execution?

says...

Quote:

> Is there some function around which would enable me to monitor
> step-by-step program flow in Rexx, such as in Basic programs where an
> user can press e.g. F8 for execution of next line, together with an
> immediate command window for control purposes?

> Thanks again.

trace ?r
trace ?i
trace ?f
etc.

Check the manual please.

Thu, 01 Jul 2004 02:39:07 GMT
 Newbie again: Step-by-step execution?
On Sat, 12 Jan 2002 19:39:07 +0100, Gert van der Kooij

Quote:

>says...

>> Is there some function around which would enable me to monitor
>> step-by-step program flow in Rexx, such as in Basic programs where an
>> user can press e.g. F8 for execution of next line, together with an
>> immediate command window for control purposes?

>> Thanks again.

>trace ?r
>trace ?i
>trace ?f
>etc.

>Check the manual please.

I am sorry guys.
That was too obvious to be true.
Thanks.

Thu, 01 Jul 2004 03:25:14 GMT
 Newbie again: Step-by-step execution?

Quote:
>Is there some function around which would enable me to monitor
>step-by-step program flow in Rexx,

Look for the trace statement and the trace function.

     Atid/2
     Team OS/2
     Team PL/I

Any unsolicited commercial junk E-mail will be subject to legal
action.  I reserve the right to publicly post or ridicule any
abusive E-mail.

I mangled my E-mail address to foil automated spammers; reply to
domain acm dot org user shmuel to contact me.  Do not reply to

Fri, 02 Jul 2004 00:54:02 GMT
 Newbie again: Step-by-step execution?

Quote:

>Is there some function around which would enable me to monitor
>step-by-step program flow in Rexx, such as in Basic programs where an
>user can press e.g. F8 for execution of next line, together with an
>immediate command window for control purposes?

>Thanks again.

That functionality is built into the REXX interpreter.

Simply put "trace ?R" in the program at the point where you want to begin
tracing execution, and it'll stop at that point, only executing further lines
when you hit ENTER.  You can type in any REXX expression at this time as well
(to inspect variables, change variables, etc.).

--
 - Mike

Remove 'spambegone.net' and reverse to send e-mail.

Fri, 02 Jul 2004 09:35:35 GMT

1. Step by step execution of a block

2. step-by-step

3. MySQL step by step for Erwi

4. step by step to MySQL

5. How to draw a graph step by step ?

6. step by step loading a design into flash with nios excalibur

7. WTD PC Assembly Language Step by Step (book disk)

8. Assembly Language step by step by Jeff Duntemann

9. Basic Tutotial Step by step PM

10. WTD PC Assembly Language Step by Step (book disk)

11. Asm Lang - Step By Step Jeff Duntemann

12. how to debug tcl code ,step by step