reading JES held output queue
Author Message
 reading JES held output queue

This is a little exec I wrote the other day for a system without
SDSF access.  I should do what you require, probably more.

It prompts for the jobname, then gets every job with that name and
concatenates then (in job# order) to a single dataset.  A dividing
line is placed between each job's output.  You could then obviously
do an:

     Address ISPEXEC "EDIT DATASET(....)"  (or browse)

Or do this on individuals, select from table entries for individual
jobs etc.

Note that the output command used this way will also purge the job
from the queues.

/*  Rexx exec to save sysout  */

Say 'Enter jobname'
Parse Upper Pull jobname .

z = Outtrap(line.)
"ST" jobname
z = Outtrap('OFF')

"ALLOC F(OUT) DA('"mydsn"') MOD"  /* for archiving of all jobs  */

Do i = 1 to line.0
   Parse Var line.i . . job .

   "OUT" job "PRINT('"mytempdsn"')"  /* temp for single jobs  */

   "ALLOC F(IN) DA('"mytempdsn"') SHR"
   "EXECIO * DISKR IN (STEM rec. FINIS"
   "FREE  F(IN)"

   tot = rec.0 + 1
   rec.tot = ' '
   tot = tot + 1
   rec.tot = Copies('-',132)

   "EXECIO" tot "DISKW OUT (STEM rec."
End

"EXECIO 0 DISKW OUT (STEM rec. FINIS"

Exit

Peter McKellar

Sat, 13 Sep 1997 19:56:10 GMT

1. MVS-JES command output

2. HOLDing each job in 3.12 print queues

3. Hold print queue from Rexx

4. CLASSes and QUEUEs (was: Re: QUEUE in QUEUE)

5. command output to a queue in OS/2 (was: Automated FTP session)

6. Piping output to a queue

7. Speeding up reading 650000 records into memory queue?

8. Get Jes RC from inside a Job

9. UNIX to MVS JES via FTP

10. Determining JES Class for executing program

11. JES 2 EOJ

12. Jes numbers