Changing Directory on NT
Author Message
 Changing Directory on NT

How can I change the current directory in Rexx on an NT box - currently
using the Rexx from the resource kit.

I've tried "CD" but this gives a rc = 0 and no actual change of
directory.

There does not seem to be a Directory() command in this version.

Cheers
Alan

Fri, 25 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Changing Directory on NT
There is a REXXIO function to do this.
Available at http://www.lestec.com.au
Regards,
Les
Quote:

>How can I change the current directory in Rexx on an NT box - currently
>using the Rexx from the resource kit.

>I've tried "CD" but this gives a rc = 0 and no actual change of
>directory.

>There does not seem to be a Directory() command in this version.

>Cheers
>Alan

Fri, 25 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Changing Directory on NT
Due to the bugs in that version, it would be a great idea to get the free
Regina for NT from Mark Hessling's web site.

Or since you are in IBM, per your org name, get a hold of ORexx for NT
1.0.3.0.

As for the echo, Regina is pretty {*filter*} about that. You need to do a very
odd syntax as follows:

rc='cd\mydir'

and it will put the rc into rc and not echo it.

You can also turn off the tracing functions of Regina which is what is
causing the echo... I don't have a sample of that handy.

As for the CD - I've been coding software distribution in Rexx for quite a
few years now - and I always full path EVERYTHING to be sure things are
going where I expect them to. Maybe you have some special case...???

Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems

Quote:

> How can I change the current directory in Rexx on an NT box - currently
> using the Rexx from the resource kit.

Fri, 25 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Changing Directory on NT
Thanks for the pointers ... I'll look into both Regina and Orexx.

The problem is that I'm calling an external program that needs access to
it's own DLL's which aren't in the path. So even using a full path for the
command doesn't work.

Unfortunately I'm not at liberty to just change the path or even to install
the new Rexx versions as this is not my box.

Cheers
Alan

Quote:

> How can I change the current directory in Rexx on an NT box - currently
> using the Rexx from the resource kit.

> I've tried "CD" but this gives a rc = 0 and no actual change of
> directory.

> There does not seem to be a Directory() command in this version.

> Cheers
> Alan

Sat, 26 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Changing Directory on NT

% The problem is that I'm calling an external program that needs access to
% it's own DLL's which aren't in the path. So even using a full path for the
% command doesn't work.

I would have expected this to work, provided the dlls are in the same directory
as the command.

% Unfortunately I'm not at liberty to just change the path or even to install
% the new Rexx versions as this is not my box.

Anyone using the NT resource kit version of Regina should upgrade to
Hessling's Regina port. It's more stable and more functional. Your life
immediately becomes better after you've done the upgrade.

Regardless, try setting the path with the VALUE built-in function. That
should resolve the path issue.
--

Patrick TJ McPhee
East York  Canada

Sun, 27 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Changing directory in Regina Rexx on Win95/NT

2. regina rexx on nt, how to change directory

3. Using Python to change Directory ACL's in NT

4. how to change working directory?

5. Changing directories

6. changing file directory at runtime without using a variable in prop:name

7. CW4 - Changing directory at runtime

8. How can you make change data directories at run time (ABC)

9. Changing directories in Personal Eiffel?

10. Can't change directory when using Netware Client

11. Change directory on windows

12. Change Directory Needed