Large number of records in VX-REXX container
Author Message
 Large number of records in VX-REXX container

I'm using VX-REXX 2.1 to write a news reader application that uses a
container in detail view to list the articles in a newsgroup.  If the
container has a large number of records, say over 1000, it takes
several seconds for the call

    ok = VRMethod("CN_1", "GetRecordList", "SourceOrSelected", "handle.")

to return the currently cursored/selected record(s).  It seems to
sequentially scan every record in the container, because the execution
time is proportional to the number of records.  Is there a faster
method of finding the currently cursored record in a container?
Or is it time for me to take the leap into PM programming?
--

Sun, 23 Mar 1997 23:52:33 GMT
 Large number of records in VX-REXX container

The only way I could get rid of the window is to RE-BOOT.  When it was thrashing
away I could not stop it with a Ctrl-C or anything else.  I could not close the
window after it stoped.  Is there a way to stop it or close it?

Tom Koenig
University of Wisconsion-Madison
DoIt

I'm using VX-REXX 2.1 to write a news reader application that uses a
container in detail view to list the articles in a newsgroup.  If the
container has a large number of records, say over 1000, it takes
several seconds for the call

    ok = VRMethod("CN_1", "GetRecordList", "SourceOrSelected", "handle.")

to return the currently cursored/selected record(s).  It seems to
sequentially scan every record in the container, because the execution
time is proportional to the number of records.  Is there a faster
method of finding the currently cursored record in a container?
Or is it time for me to take the leap into PM programming?
--

Sun, 23 Mar 1997 23:47:38 GMT

1. VX-REXX Container Help

2. Drag/Drop from VX-REXX container to WPSHELL?

3. VX-Rexx: Can a program scroll a container?

4. VX-REXX 2.1B Can't drag from WE to Container

5. Vx-Rexx Slow With Containers

6. Vx-Rexx Containers And Visibi

7. Vx-Rexx Containers

8. Prob. updating container view in VX-REXX

9. VX-REXX Question about records?

10. speed of execution on large number of records

11. clarion stability with large numbers of records

12. Counting large number of records in CW 2...