How do I add carriage return?
Author Message
 How do I add carriage return?

 I have a .cmd file to set my peer time to another computer with the line..
'net time \\home /set', but it forces me to hit a carriage return. How can I
have it continue without making me hit return? Many thanks in advance..

                                -13013

via Warp/IAK
for live chat..

Tue, 03 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I add carriage return?

 RM> I have a .cmd file to set my peer time to another computer with
 RM> the line.. 'net time \\home /set', but it forces me to hit a
 RM> carriage return. How can I have it continue without making
 RM> me hit return?

Perhaps worth giving a try (not tested) :

Store a return (use the numeric keypad for <ALT-013> !) in a file :

   COPY CON ENTER.TXT
   <ALT-013>
   <F6>

Next, use it as input :

   'net time \\home /set  < ENTER.TXT'

Ave,

Andre Doff

Wed, 04 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I add carriage return?

:>   'net time \\home /set  < ENTER.TXT'

  Very nice-that's what I'm looking for. I've since found out that I could
simply use net time \\home /set /yes, but I'll remember it for future use.
Thanks for the response.

                                -13013

via Warp/IAK
for live chat..

Wed, 04 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I add carriage return?

Quote:

>  I have a .cmd file to set my peer time to another computer with the line..
> 'net time \\home /set', but it forces me to hit a carriage return. How can I
> have it continue without making me hit return? Many thanks in advance..

>                                 -13013

> via Warp/IAK
> for live chat..

Have you tried:

   'net time \\home /set'||X2C(0d0a)

JRS

Thu, 05 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I add carriage return?

Quote:

> :>   'net time \\home /set  < ENTER.TXT'
>   Very nice-that's what I'm looking for. I've since found out that I could
> simply use net time \\home /set /yes, but I'll remember it for future use.

Am I right assuming that the problem was just that the command net
read one empty line from standard input? Then there's an easier
solution that doesn't involve an extra file:

        echo.| net time \\home /set

The command echo. generates a blank line. The dot is necessary because
echo alone prints a message about whether echo is on or off.  The pipe
symbol appended without a blank in front of it is harder to read this
way, but this is done because the blank would become part of the line
printed by echo. This way echo generates a truly empty line ended by a
carriage-return linefeed (CR LF) combination. Which is piped into the
standard input of net.

I hope this helps.

Horst

Sat, 07 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. line-feed or carriage-return

2. Carriage return problems with netscape

3. additional carriage return

4. Using carriage returns in edit fields

5. carriage return?

6. Line feed & Carriage return ++

7. ASCII carriage returns not cross-platform?

8. How to detect a carriage return in a text block

9. carriage return

10. Inserting a Carriage Return

11. Inserting a Carriage Return

12. Carriage Return in CW5 (ABC)