VX-REXX Entry field: disable makes text illegible
Author Message
 VX-REXX Entry field: disable makes text illegible

I have a couple of entry fields in my VX-REXX application that are intended
for reading only.  I have therefore disabled them.  (I change them using
VRSet() when necessary.)

My problem is that the color of these fields is a faint green and is
difficult to read.  (Many of my users will be using monochrome laptops,so
this will be even more of a problem for them than for me.)

The foreground color for the fields is set to black, as I thought that would
be the darkest possible color, even in disabled mode.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?  Can you offer any advice?

Thanks...
- Keith
---------
Fidonet:  Keith Bennett 1:109/347

Sun, 22 Dec 1996 06:50:02 GMT
 VX-REXX Entry field: disable makes text illegible
This is normal for all disabled objects, from push buttons to entry
fields.  If you want to prevent users from editing the values contained
within those entry fields, then set the ReadOnly property to 1 for both.
Your users will be able to tab or whatever to the field, but they won't be
able to change their content.

McMaster University
Hamilton, Ont.
CANADA

Quote:

> I have a couple of entry fields in my VX-REXX application that are intended
> for reading only.  I have therefore disabled them.  (I change them using
> VRSet() when necessary.)

> My problem is that the color of these fields is a faint green and is
> difficult to read.  (Many of my users will be using monochrome laptops,so
> this will be even more of a problem for them than for me.)

> The foreground color for the fields is set to black, as I thought that would
> be the darkest possible color, even in disabled mode.

> Has anyone else experienced this problem?  Can you offer any advice?

> Thanks...
> - Keith
> ---------
> Fidonet:  Keith Bennett 1:109/347

Sun, 22 Dec 1996 22:35:15 GMT
 VX-REXX Entry field: disable makes text illegible

|  I have a couple of entry fields in my VX-REXX application that are intended
|  for reading only.  I have therefore disabled them.  (I change them using
|  VRSet() when necessary.)
|
|  My problem is that the color of these fields is a faint green and is
|  difficult to read.  (Many of my users will be using monochrome laptops,so
|  this will be even more of a problem for them than for me.)
|
|  The foreground color for the fields is set to black, as I thought that would
|  be the darkest possible color, even in disabled mode.
|
|  Has anyone else experienced this problem?  Can you offer any advice?
|
|  Thanks...
|  - Keith

Isn't there are read-only checkbox on the style page of the
properties? If there is, then set that instead, and remove the tabstop
property, and then only you, the programmer, can change the contents.
  Carsten Whimster                         EDM/2 Associate Editor

----------------------------- TEAM OS/2 ---------------------------

Sun, 22 Dec 1996 23:22:23 GMT
 VX-REXX Entry field: disable makes text illegible

Quote:

>I have a couple of entry fields in my VX-REXX application that are intended
>for reading only.  I have therefore disabled them.  (I change them using
>VRSet() when necessary.)

>My problem is that the color of these fields is a faint green and is
>difficult to read.

That is what disabled entry fields look like in Presentation Manager.  It
isn't really related to VX-REXX.

Paul Prescod

Mon, 23 Dec 1996 03:07:40 GMT
 VX-REXX Entry field: disable makes text illegible

Make the entry fields read-only. They can't be changed, but they won't be grayed.

Wed, 25 Dec 1996 00:11:07 GMT

1. Disabling Field Lookup for a Conditionally disabled entry field

2. Overriding Windows greying out the foreground of a disabled entry field

3. Making 2 listboxes move in synch ? VX-REXX

4. Disabled entry field colors

5. Making entry field active by default?

6. text entry disabled after use

7. Accessing VX-REXX fields

8. Controlling OS/2 text mode app with VX-REXX

9. Controlling OS/2 text mode app with VX-REXX

10. VX-REXX: notebook status text

11. Text Database in VX-Rexx

12. Text Database in VX-Rexx