VisPro Rexx or VX-Rexx ?
Author Message
 VisPro Rexx or VX-Rexx ?

Hi,

Can some people give me some pros and cons, abilities and disablities
and so forth between what at first sight appears to me to be the two
contenders in the 'Visual' Rexx programming apps namely VX-REXX and
VisPro/REXX.

Our needs at present are simply to 'beautify' some existing scripts (put
it this way, we're just starting to 'out-grow' VREXX which, until now has
met our needs completely (aesthetics notwithstanding!)).  However, the
ability to be able to code something 'professional'-looking looks like
an ever increasing requirement (as more and more of our clients are
moving over to OS/2).

Seeing the price differential is rather wide between the two products
mentioned, perhaps the answer is obvious but many a time I've found
the cheaper option to be better than the expensive alternative.

Many thanks

Comments, URLs and feedback welcome.

Clive
,c.
Clive Humble of Artists in Glass, England, Atlantic Ocean (+near+ Europe)

Mon, 03 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 VisPro Rexx or VX-Rexx ?

Quote:
>Hi,

>Can some people give me some pros and cons, abilities and disablities
>and so forth between what at first sight appears to me to be the two
>contenders in the 'Visual' Rexx programming apps namely VX-REXX and
>VisPro/REXX.

>Our needs at present are simply to 'beautify' some existing scripts (put
>it this way, we're just starting to 'out-grow' VREXX which, until now has
>met our needs completely (aesthetics notwithstanding!)).  However, the
>ability to be able to code something 'professional'-looking looks like
>an ever increasing requirement (as more and more of our clients are
>moving over to OS/2).

>Seeing the price differential is rather wide between the two products
>mentioned, perhaps the answer is obvious but many a time I've found
>the cheaper option to be better than the expensive alternative.

>Many thanks

>Comments, URLs and feedback welcome.

>Clive
>,c.
>--
>Clive Humble of Artists in Glass, England, Atlantic Ocean (+near+ Europe)

If I had to choose right now- I guess I would choose Vispro.  I actually own the
VX-REXX version and have tried the Vispro Demo.  The reasons why I can't
recommend VX-REXX is that it seems to be getting buggier with every patch
issued by Watcom, and with Fixpak issued by IBM, plus you have to distribute
a dll with VX-REXX, and the cost is about $30.00 less.  You can choose yourself-
fully functional demos are available through Hobbes.

Tue, 04 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 VisPro Rexx or VX-Rexx ?

Quote:
> Hi,

> Can some people give me some pros and cons, abilities and disablities
> and so forth between what at first sight appears to me to be the two
> contenders in the 'Visual' Rexx programming apps namely VX-REXX and
> VisPro/REXX.

Just to say thanks for the many emails and comments in this thread.

Have ordered VisPro...

--
,c.
Clive Humble of Artists in Glass, England, Atlantic Ocean (+near+ Europe)

Sat, 08 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. VisPro-ReXX or VXReXX

2. Vispro Rexx vs VX - Rexx

3. VisPro/Rexx vs VX-REXX

4. VX-REXX C/S 2.1b Much Slower Than VISPRO-REXX

5. Vispro Rexx vs VX - Rexx

6. VisPro REXX vs VX-REXX

7. VisPro REXX vs VX-REXX

8. ??? Redirecting output to an MLE (VX-REXX or VisPro REXX)

9. Vispro Rexx vs. VX Rexx?

10. Final Re: Vispro Rexx vs. VX Rexx?

11. VXREXX or VisPro Rexx?

12. Vispro vs. VX-Rexx