Object Rexx and Windows XP 
Author Message
 Object Rexx and Windows XP

Hi!

Does someone know whether Object Rexx runs on Windows XP?

Thanks
Heinrich



Tue, 12 Apr 2005 19:44:26 GMT  
 Object Rexx and Windows XP
Hi!

Does someone know whether Object Rexx V2.1 really runs on Windows XP as
indicated on IBM's REXX webside?

Thanks
Heinrich



Tue, 12 Apr 2005 19:51:55 GMT  
 Object Rexx and Windows XP
I have some code running on XP with the runtime version of ORexx 2.1.
I don't know what the website claims but I have not experienced any failures
particular to XP.


Quote:
> Hi!

> Does someone know whether Object Rexx V2.1 really runs on Windows XP as
> indicated on IBM's REXX webside?

> Thanks
> Heinrich



Wed, 13 Apr 2005 04:44:49 GMT  
 Object Rexx and Windows XP
Yes, it works under XP as well as it does under Windows 2000.

This means, if you're using the terminal services based fast user switching,
you'll need to install rxapi as a service (see the readme with the 2.1.1 fix
level) and obtain the fix for the global semaphore namespace (rxapi service
communication).

The problem was resolved shortly after 2.1.1, and also applies to Windows
2000. Contact IBM for the fix.


Quote:
> Hi!

> Does someone know whether Object Rexx V2.1 really runs on Windows XP as
> indicated on IBM's REXX webside?

> Thanks
> Heinrich



Thu, 14 Apr 2005 19:36:33 GMT  
 Object Rexx and Windows XP
Hello!

when I install Object REXX V2.1 on a Windows XP box I get following error at
the end:

Startup Error!
IBM Object REXX: Not cleanly installed!

In the background there is a cmd window in which you can see the following
program:

regsvr32.exe  /s C:\PROGRA~1\ObjREXX\orxscrpt.dll

What went wrong? Does anyone have a solution for that?

Thanks for your answers
Heinrich



Quote:
> Yes, it works under XP as well as it does under Windows 2000.

> This means, if you're using the terminal services based fast user
switching,
> you'll need to install rxapi as a service (see the readme with the 2.1.1
fix
> level) and obtain the fix for the global semaphore namespace (rxapi
service
> communication).

> The problem was resolved shortly after 2.1.1, and also applies to Windows
> 2000. Contact IBM for the fix.



> > Hi!

> > Does someone know whether Object Rexx V2.1 really runs on Windows XP as
> > indicated on IBM's REXX webside?

> > Thanks
> > Heinrich



Sun, 01 May 2005 05:38:26 GMT  
 Object Rexx and Windows XP
Heinrich,
this error means, that Object REXX couldt
not create all necessary registry entries.

The command in the window is used, to register
the Rexx scripting engine in Windows.

Please remove Object REXX, reboot and try the
installation again, as the first action after
the reboot.

Joachim Ringel,
Object REXX Development

Quote:

> Hello!

> when I install Object REXX V2.1 on a Windows XP box I get following
> error at
> the end:

> Startup Error!
> IBM Object REXX: Not cleanly installed!

> In the background there is a cmd window in which you can see the following
> program:

> regsvr32.exe  /s C:\PROGRA~1\ObjREXX\orxscrpt.dll

> What went wrong? Does anyone have a solution for that?

> Thanks for your answers
> Heinrich



Sun, 01 May 2005 14:07:25 GMT  
 Object Rexx and Windows XP
Joachim,

I did everything you said but at the end of the installation I get the same
error. Is there a possibility to create the registry entries manually?

Thanks,
Heinrich



Quote:
> Heinrich,
> this error means, that Object REXX couldt
> not create all necessary registry entries.

> The command in the window is used, to register
> the Rexx scripting engine in Windows.

> Please remove Object REXX, reboot and try the
> installation again, as the first action after
> the reboot.

> Joachim Ringel,
> Object REXX Development


> > Hello!

> > when I install Object REXX V2.1 on a Windows XP box I get following
> > error at
> > the end:

> > Startup Error!
> > IBM Object REXX: Not cleanly installed!

> > In the background there is a cmd window in which you can see the
following
> > program:

> > regsvr32.exe  /s C:\PROGRA~1\ObjREXX\orxscrpt.dll

> > What went wrong? Does anyone have a solution for that?

> > Thanks for your answers
> > Heinrich



Mon, 02 May 2005 06:10:01 GMT  
 Object Rexx and Windows XP

Quote:

>Joachim,

>I did everything you said but at the end of the installation I get the same
>error. Is there a possibility to create the registry entries manually?

Is it possible you need Admin privileges, but are only logged in as
a normal user?

Quote:


>> Heinrich, this error means, that Object REXX couldt not create
>> all necessary registry entries.

>> The command in the window is used, to register the Rexx scripting
>> engine in Windows.

>> Please remove Object REXX, reboot and try the installation again,
>> as the first action after the reboot.


>> > Hello!

>> > when I install Object REXX V2.1 on a Windows XP box I get
>> > following error at the end:

>> > Startup Error!  IBM Object REXX: Not cleanly installed!

>> > In the background there is a cmd window in which you can see
>> > the following program:

>> > regsvr32.exe  /s C:\PROGRA~1\ObjREXX\orxscrpt.dll

>> > What went wrong? Does anyone have a solution for that?

>> > Thanks for your answers

--
-------------------------------------------------------------------
* Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *
* http://consultron.ca                         irc.ecomstation.ca *

-------------------------------------------------------------------


Tue, 03 May 2005 01:13:01 GMT  
 Object Rexx and Windows XP
Jack,

I know that I need admin privileges for most of the software installations.
The user I installed Object REXX with has got admin privileges. So I think
that is not the question. The question is which registry entries does Object
REXX need for execution under Windows XP? Does anyone know these registry
entries? Are they equal to the registry entries from a Windows 2000 system?
So can I adopt them from a Windows 2000 system?

Thanks
Heinrich



Quote:
> On Wed, 13 Nov 2002 22:10:01 UTC, "Heinrich Bauer"

> >Joachim,

> >I did everything you said but at the end of the installation I get the
same
> >error. Is there a possibility to create the registry entries manually?

> Is it possible you need Admin privileges, but are only logged in as
> a normal user?



> >> Heinrich, this error means, that Object REXX couldt not create
> >> all necessary registry entries.

> >> The command in the window is used, to register the Rexx scripting
> >> engine in Windows.

> >> Please remove Object REXX, reboot and try the installation again,
> >> as the first action after the reboot.


> >> > Hello!

> >> > when I install Object REXX V2.1 on a Windows XP box I get
> >> > following error at the end:

> >> > Startup Error!  IBM Object REXX: Not cleanly installed!

> >> > In the background there is a cmd window in which you can see
> >> > the following program:

> >> > regsvr32.exe  /s C:\PROGRA~1\ObjREXX\orxscrpt.dll

> >> > What went wrong? Does anyone have a solution for that?

> >> > Thanks for your answers

> --
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
> * Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *
> * http://consultron.ca                         irc.ecomstation.ca *

> -------------------------------------------------------------------



Tue, 03 May 2005 04:18:01 GMT  
 Object Rexx and Windows XP
In my original answer I warned about issues with terminal services (aka fast
user switching). Turn it off, reboot, log in as an administrator, uninstall,
check your disk for rxapi.exe and delete all copies found, and reinstall.

Also check your hard disk for rexx.exe, in case you have another version. If
so, uninstall it or at least remove it from the path (reboot after editing
the path). For example, if you have a VA compiler, you will have an OO- Rexx
V1.


Quote:
> Jack,

> I know that I need admin privileges for most of the software
installations.
> The user I installed Object REXX with has got admin privileges. So I think
> that is not the question. The question is which registry entries does
Object
> REXX need for execution under Windows XP? Does anyone know these registry
> entries? Are they equal to the registry entries from a Windows 2000
system?
> So can I adopt them from a Windows 2000 system?

> Thanks
> Heinrich



> > On Wed, 13 Nov 2002 22:10:01 UTC, "Heinrich Bauer"

> > >Joachim,

> > >I did everything you said but at the end of the installation I get the
> same
> > >error. Is there a possibility to create the registry entries manually?

> > Is it possible you need Admin privileges, but are only logged in as
> > a normal user?



> > >> Heinrich, this error means, that Object REXX couldt not create
> > >> all necessary registry entries.

> > >> The command in the window is used, to register the Rexx scripting
> > >> engine in Windows.

> > >> Please remove Object REXX, reboot and try the installation again,
> > >> as the first action after the reboot.


> > >> > Hello!

> > >> > when I install Object REXX V2.1 on a Windows XP box I get
> > >> > following error at the end:

> > >> > Startup Error!  IBM Object REXX: Not cleanly installed!

> > >> > In the background there is a cmd window in which you can see
> > >> > the following program:

> > >> > regsvr32.exe  /s C:\PROGRA~1\ObjREXX\orxscrpt.dll

> > >> > What went wrong? Does anyone have a solution for that?

> > >> > Thanks for your answers

> > --
> > -------------------------------------------------------------------
> > * Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *
> > * http://consultron.ca                         irc.ecomstation.ca *

> > -------------------------------------------------------------------



Tue, 03 May 2005 17:40:34 GMT  
 Object Rexx and Windows XP
Heinrich,
please have a look into the Event Viewer, in the
Application Log, if there is an Error from the source
MsiInstaller.
Additional, I send to your address an program, called
sfr.exe with instructions.

Joachim Ringel, IBM Object REXX Development

Quote:

> Jack,

> I know that I need admin privileges for most of the software
> installations.
> The user I installed Object REXX with has got admin privileges. So I think
> that is not the question. The question is which registry entries does
> Object
> REXX need for execution under Windows XP? Does anyone know these registry
> entries? Are they equal to the registry entries from a Windows 2000
> system?
> So can I adopt them from a Windows 2000 system?

> Thanks
> Heinrich

> "Jack Troughton"  schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> >On Wed, 13 Nov 2002 22:10:01 UTC, "Heinrich Bauer"


> >>Joachim,

> >>I did everything you said but at the end of the installation I get the

> same

> >>error. Is there a possibility to create the registry entries manually?

> >Is it possible you need Admin privileges, but are only logged in as
> >a normal user?

> >>"Joachim Ringel"  schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> >>>Heinrich, this error means, that Object REXX couldt not create
> >>>all necessary registry entries.

> >>>The command in the window is used, to register the Rexx scripting
> >>>engine in Windows.

> >>>Please remove Object REXX, reboot and try the installation again,
> >>>as the first action after the reboot.


> >>>>Hello!

> >>>>when I install Object REXX V2.1 on a Windows XP box I get
> >>>>following error at the end:

> >>>>Startup Error!  IBM Object REXX: Not cleanly installed!

> >>>>In the background there is a cmd window in which you can see
> >>>>the following program:

> >>>>regsvr32.exe  /s C:\PROGRA~1\ObjREXX\orxscrpt.dll

> >>>>What went wrong? Does anyone have a solution for that?

> >>>>Thanks for your answers

> >--
> >-------------------------------------------------------------------
> >* Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *
> >* http://consultron.ca                         irc.ecomstation.ca *

> >-------------------------------------------------------------------



Fri, 06 May 2005 16:45:15 GMT  
 Object Rexx and Windows XP
Hello to all,

Heinrich has found the reason for the installation problem.
The "System Permissions" where NOT set. He gave full
access for the System, and then the installation worked.

On NT Systems you can see and change the
permissions in the registry with regedt32.exe.

Joachim Ringel, IBM Object REXX Development

Quote:

> Heinrich,
> please have a look into the Event Viewer, in the
> Application Log, if there is an Error from the source
> MsiInstaller.
> Additional, I send to your address an program, called
> sfr.exe with instructions.

> Joachim Ringel, IBM Object REXX Development


> > Jack,

> > I know that I need admin privileges for most of the software
> > installations.
> > The user I installed Object REXX with has got admin privileges. So I
> > think
> > that is not the question. The question is which registry entries does
> > Object
> > REXX need for execution under Windows XP? Does anyone know these
> registry
> > entries? Are they equal to the registry entries from a Windows 2000
> > system?
> > So can I adopt them from a Windows 2000 system?

> > Thanks
> > Heinrich

> > "Jack Troughton"  schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> > >On Wed, 13 Nov 2002 22:10:01 UTC, "Heinrich Bauer"


> > >>Joachim,

> > >>I did everything you said but at the end of the installation I get the

> > same

> > >>error. Is there a possibility to create the registry entries manually?

> > >Is it possible you need Admin privileges, but are only logged in as
> > >a normal user?

> > >>"Joachim Ringel"  schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> > >>>Heinrich, this error means, that Object REXX couldt not create
> > >>>all necessary registry entries.

> > >>>The command in the window is used, to register the Rexx scripting
> > >>>engine in Windows.

> > >>>Please remove Object REXX, reboot and try the installation again,
> > >>>as the first action after the reboot.


> > >>>>Hello!

> > >>>>when I install Object REXX V2.1 on a Windows XP box I get
> > >>>>following error at the end:

> > >>>>Startup Error!  IBM Object REXX: Not cleanly installed!

> > >>>>In the background there is a cmd window in which you can see
> > >>>>the following program:

> > >>>>regsvr32.exe  /s C:\PROGRA~1\ObjREXX\orxscrpt.dll

> > >>>>What went wrong? Does anyone have a solution for that?

> > >>>>Thanks for your answers

> > >--
> > >-------------------------------------------------------------------
> > >* Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *
> > >* http://consultron.ca                         irc.ecomstation.ca *

> > >-------------------------------------------------------------------



Sun, 08 May 2005 15:02:47 GMT  
 
 [ 12 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Support for REXX and Object REXX for Windows/AIX

2. Conversion OS/2 Rexx to Object Rexx for Windows '95

3. Announce: Update for Object REXX for Windows 95/Windows NT available

4. ! Oracle 8i/9i HTTP Server and Rexx (ObjectRexx for Windows/XP)

5. Regina REXX and Windows XP?

6. XP mean Windows XP proffessional

7. Windows Object Rexx & OODialog

8. Parse XML with Object REXX on Windows

9. A tool for all Windows Object Rexx users (I think)

10. Accessing a Windows Dialog Box in Object REXX

11. Object REXX For Windows 95

12. Converting VxREXX to Object REXX for Windows NT

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software