Neophyte: How to call external .cmd files w/parameters
Author Message
 Neophyte: How to call external .cmd files w/parameters

I am trying to write a simple REXX program which will play a .WAV file if
a certain condition is met.  I want to call PLAY.CMD and pass on to it the
parameter FILE=XYZ.WAV from inside a REXX program.  How do I do this?  The
help files are not helpful.
--
Ian B. Crosby
(503) 235-2974 (Home)

Thu, 20 Feb 1997 11:06:52 GMT
 Neophyte: How to call external .cmd files w/parameters

Quote:
>I am trying to write a simple REXX program which will play a .WAV file if
>a certain condition is met.  I want to call PLAY.CMD and pass on to it the
>parameter FILE=XYZ.WAV from inside a REXX program.  How do I do this?  The
>help files are not helpful.

Try

'call play xyz.wav'

or

PlayCmd = 'PLAY'
PlayWav = 'XYZ'
'call' PlayCmd PlayWav||'.wav'

if you want to use variables. GL.

73's  de  Jack  -  kf5mg

Thu, 20 Feb 1997 19:12:04 GMT

1. passing arguments to external os/2 .CMD files

2. External Call with variable parameter list

3. Change directory cmd file - DCD.CMD

4. Initialize parameters by external files?

5. Calling OS2-Cmd Files from within ST/V

6. call external programs & .hlp files in Win32For

7. Cmd Line Parameters

8. Can a .wrl call out external mesh files ??

9. neophyte-call problems

10. Near calls in external obj files (from C)

11. Calling external file from ADA95

12. Call a Python file with parameters