VX-Rexx: Can a program scroll a container?
Author Message
 VX-Rexx: Can a program scroll a container?

I have a container in one of the Tree formats.  I have a record that
is interesting to me and to the user.  I can give it "Selected"
emphasis, but it remains off screen.  The obvious positioning
controls only work in Icon mode.  Is there any programming
convention I can use to get the selected record to appear on the
screen in a Tree View?

---------------
Howard Gilbert -- Chief Mechanic at PC Lube and Tune
Technical training on PC's, networks, and communications.
Point Netscape or WebExplorer at http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 26 Jul 1997 00:18:27 GMT
 VX-Rexx: Can a program scroll a container?

Quote:

>I have a container in one of the Tree formats.  I have a record that
>is interesting to me and to the user.  I can give it "Selected"
>emphasis, but it remains off screen.  The obvious positioning
>controls only work in Icon mode.  Is there any programming
>convention I can use to get the selected record to appear on the
>screen in a Tree View?

I think this will work: set the "cursored" attribute on the record.  Then move
the highlight up and then down using "keystroke sending."  If you test it
out, you will see that OS/2 has no problem allowing the "cursored" record
to go out of view (you can prove that by scrolling the container up and
down while a record is cursored).  But it will display the record if it gets
an "up arrow" keystroke.  You then move it "down" again so as to put it on the
record that you actually wanted highlighted.  For more information on
sending keystrokes, you can see the technote on it at
http://www.watcom.on.ca, or the docs for SendKeyString and the KeyString
property.

Good luck!

 Paul Prescod

Tue, 29 Jul 1997 09:09:58 GMT

1. VX-REXX Container Help

2. Drag/Drop from VX-REXX container to WPSHELL?

3. VX-REXX 2.1B Can't drag from WE to Container

4. Vx-Rexx Slow With Containers

5. Large number of records in VX-REXX container

6. Vx-Rexx Containers And Visibi

7. Vx-Rexx Containers

8. Prob. updating container view in VX-REXX

9. Scrolling ListBoxes in VX-Rexx

10. Start a VXRexx program from a VXRexx Program

11. VX-Rexx Question - Sample program

12. Running another program in VX-Rexx