VX-Rexx Question - Sample program
Author Message
 VX-Rexx Question - Sample program

I've been looking at the source for the VX-Rexx program that bounces the
globe around.

The icon is named bounce.ico and the variable in the Rexx seems to be
named "globe".  How is the connection made between the file.ico and the
source Rexx?

How does this work?  Is there something going on behind the scenes that I
can't get to?

Also, is there a way to build your own controls.  I imagine that you have to
code that in C, are there any published specifications or code samples?
I'm thinking of stuff like meters, clock faces, and maybe strip recorders.
These would be good add-ons for VX-Rexx.

Thanks.

Cory Hamasaki

Sat, 20 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 VX-Rexx Question - Sample program
Look within the properties for Globe (page : Picture) you will find
in the PicturePath the name of the icon.

For developing your own object, Watcom developed a tool called Object
development kit for OS/2. You should know C or C++ you can find details
in the web http://www.watcom.com

Jacques Pignat

Sat, 20 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 VX-Rexx Question - Sample program

Quote:
>Look within the properties for Globe (page : Picture) you will find
>in the PicturePath the name of the icon.

>For developing your own object, Watcom developed a tool called Object
>development kit for OS/2. You should know C or C++ you can find details
>in the web http://www.watcom.com

>Jacques Pignat

Hi Jacques,

Thanks for the tip on Bounce.  I'll take a look at it next week when I get to the office.

Thanks also for answering the question that I didn't ask.  I would like to create some
additional controls and displays.  I hope the development kit isn't too expensive.

Kiyo Design, Inc.               OS/2 Software Retail Store
11 Annapolis St.                (410) 280-1942
Annapolis, Md 21401           Tues-Sat 11-5

Thu, 25 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. VX-REXX programming question

2. Object REXX and VX-REXX (Some questions)

3. Newbie REXX - VX/REXX Questions...

4. Newbie REXX - VX/REXX Questions...

5. Start a VXRexx program from a VXRexx Program

6. Running another program in VX-Rexx

7. STARTING A DOS PROGRAM FROM VX-REXX

8. Starting a DOS program from VX-REXX

9. Can one do graphics programming with VX-REXX

10. VX-Rexx: Can a program scroll a container?

11. SEND Command from VX-REXX Program Gives rc=23

12. VX-REXX bits in macros for other programs?