Broken FTP since TCP/IP upgrade
Author Message
 Broken FTP since TCP/IP upgrade

We use a lot of FTP calls in our REXX code in OS/2 to transfer files
between our OS/2 Warp 3.0 systems and our MVS mainframe, including
submitting jobs directly to JES using FTP.

We upgraded our version of TCP/IP on our mainframe from the old version
with the Pascal libraries to the version with the 'C' libraries. Now our
FTP "put"s in OS/2 REXX no longer work.  We can still use command line
ftp to transfer files.  If anyone has run into this, I could sure use
some help.  Thanks!

---------------------------

Todd C Knauer

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~tcknauer

---------------------------

Sun, 08 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Broken FTP since TCP/IP upgrade

Quote:
>[snip]
>We upgraded our version of TCP/IP on our mainframe from the old version
>with the Pascal libraries to the version with the 'C' libraries. Now our
>FTP "put"s in OS/2 REXX no longer work.  We can still use command line
>ftp to transfer files.  If anyone has run into this, I could sure use
>some help.  Thanks!
>[snip]

Todd, We converted a while back too, but I don't remember anyone coming across
this problem.  I'm going to forward your post to the guy who actually did the C
install and see what he saw.  I DO ftp gets/put via OS/2/mainframe and have no
problems.  You might want to make sure your the word put is in lower case.

Dave Rupp
Texas Instruments
Network Problem Management Services(NPMS)
Dallas, Texas  USA
(972)575-4277
(972)575-5522 FAX
/ADMD=MCI/PRMD=TI/C=US/G=DAVID/I=M/S=RUPP

http://www.ti.com/

Mon, 09 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Broken FTP since TCP/IP upgrade

Todd

You may want to have a better solution...CrossWins for file transfers
and job submitting, etc. In fact you may want to completely replace ISPF
functions with the GUI features of CrossWins. Get a free copy at SHARE
or download it at http://www.softouch.com

(Yes, I am shameless when promoting really good ideas, developed by a
really cool guy that moved from the city to a small farm in the country.
Be part of the dream...check out CrossWins)

lyle

Quote:

> We use a lot of FTP calls in our REXX code in OS/2 to transfer files
> between our OS/2 Warp 3.0 systems and our MVS mainframe, including
> submitting jobs directly to JES using FTP.

> We upgraded our version of TCP/IP on our mainframe from the old version
> with the Pascal libraries to the version with the 'C' libraries. Now our
> FTP "put"s in OS/2 REXX no longer work.  We can still use command line
> ftp to transfer files.  If anyone has run into this, I could sure use
> some help.  Thanks!

> ---------------------------

> Todd C Knauer

> http://www.i1.net/~tcknauer

> ---------------------------

Sat, 14 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. FTP or Telnet and TCP/IP

2. does anyone have an example of a c++ TCP/IP client that works with labview TCP?IP server ??

3. How do I use dial up (PPP) TCP/IP port on a machine which also has TCP/IP LAN

4. TCP/IP for Smalltalk V

5. Interface Woes...Emulator/TCP/IP or GDDM?

6. TCP/IP AbtSocket connection problems

7. TCP/IP Under MVS: Assembler Interface

8. US - SE FL-***SMALLTALK/C++PROGRAMMER (DB2,MVS/TSO,AIX,TCP/IP)***-CONTRACT

9. TCP/IP, TN3270 & APL/370

10. APL communications via TCP/IP or DDE

11. VW 2.5 - TCP/IP on MS Windows

12. OT-Documentation for AWK+TCP/IP in SGML